aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580594 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #750 on: September 21, 2014, 10:53:05 am »
Glad the bug was fixed. This time I was right saying it wasn't my fault. :P

got a question about HWPs
i noticed that there is not that much difference between the laser and plasma HWPs only 5 points more weapon power (laser 110, plasma 115, gauss 95 )

True, but this is the vanilla formula. We could differentiate them somewhat, but that'd be a significant meddling with original content, and I'm recultant to do so with this mod (after all, it's supposed to add stuff from various mods, not modify vanilla items).

i also wanted to use a gauss tank the other day so i build one then i noticed that each shell costs 3,6k to produce and you need 60 of them to even be able to get a gauss tank in the skyranger ... imho that's a bit too much
my suggestion would be to reduce the costs or make the current gauss HWP shells behave like rifle clips so that one shell reloads a tank's mag completely

I made the bullets a bit cheaper, but you can't have tank mags in Openxcom. (It's frustrating, I know.)

EDIT:

I need some feedback from you guys: do you want multiple colour variants of X-Com armours, like in Shadics' mod?

While it would be nice to be able to issue individual armours to your soldiers, based on rank, personality or whatever else, it would also clutter the armour selection screen, since most armours would have like 6 versions or so (identical in stats). So I'm really torn on this.

Offline Jayden Hawke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2014, 12:12:44 pm »
I agree that it would clutter the screen though, I can see how some people would like having the option. What about making an additional .rul file that adds this feature for those who want it?

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2014, 03:15:39 pm »

While it would be nice to be able to issue individual armours to your soldiers, based on rank, personality or whatever else, it would also clutter the armour selection screen, since most armours would have like 6 versions or so (identical in stats). So I'm really torn on this.

I like the idea of this, but at the same time, it'll only clutter it far too much, it'll end up being more annoying than useful.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2014, 03:49:33 pm »
The problem is repeat all armours in her variants. When go to manufacture select may be a chaos

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:13 pm »
volutar
Today, 17:15
Most probably it's a FMP problem. Recommended addressing to mod author.

i found another oddball
check this one out

https://openxcom.org/bugs/openxcom/issues/829

i think it doesn't work because the unit is a 4 tiles unit and i only mind controled one tile? but then it should also not work outside the ship ...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:40:06 am by Sarusei »

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2014, 01:03:06 am »
Got a new problem

aliens attacked my base, but not like anything i've ever seen before.

theres snakemen, mutons, sectoids, chrysallids, cyberdiscs and 2 new aliens that i've never seen before, all attacking at the same time.

the two new aliens are Gazer's and Reptoid's

anyway, after about 30 turns i've managed to kill everything, but the game doesn't end. I've thoroughly searched the map several times and spammed up to 160 turns just to see if anything makes an appearance, but when i click end turn, it just flashes straight to new turn without any time for mobs to have a turn - as if i have everything mind controlled.

I've trapped my 4 stunned mobs in a small room where i can restun them without them running all over the place. i've even tried killing them to see if the mission ends. If I abort mission I just lose my base of course. any1 got an idea what's up?

attached is the save file

Offline Etchyzz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 22, 2014, 01:27:44 am »
ahaha i figured it out, I enabled debug mode and discovered a chrysallid patienly waiting upstairs not moving around - problem solved

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 22, 2014, 05:36:35 am »
It's a very broad question. Most of the difficulty comes to the fact that it's an artistic work. And just don't mess up the palette.

Working within the palette shouldn't be an issue - I'm assuming the one from the stickied thread is the colors I'd have to work with?

What would be the format they'd be useful in? For that matter, where can I pull up the sprite sheets for all alien races? Should I try to stick to a single color scheme for each rank? Not palette swapping the entire sprite, of course, just enough details and highlights to make them recognizable.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2014, 12:59:26 pm »
i found another oddball
check this one out

https://openxcom.org/bugs/openxcom/issues/829

i think it doesn't work because the unit is a 4 tiles unit and i only mind controled one tile? but then it should also not work outside the ship ...

That's interesting, but I don't think I did anything that would cause problems here. The Salamandron is a unit like a Reaper... there shouldn't be any difference. Maybe it's an engine glitch after all? Was the Salamandron on the ground?

aliens attacked my base, but not like anything i've ever seen before.

theres snakemen, mutons, sectoids, chrysallids, cyberdiscs and 2 new aliens that i've never seen before, all attacking at the same time.

Must be a Raider team. I'll leave it on, it sounds fun. :q

Working within the palette shouldn't be an issue - I'm assuming the one from the stickied thread is the colors I'd have to work with?

Frankly, I can't remember. Just take any sprite that you know works correctly and work with it. Remember to use software that doesn't do any palette optimization.

What would be the format they'd be useful in? For that matter, where can I pull up the sprite sheets for all alien races? Should I try to stick to a single color scheme for each rank? Not palette swapping the entire sprite, of course, just enough details and highlights to make them recognizable.

That's a matter of artistic preference, you must work it out yourself. :)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 22, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »
ahaha i figured it out, I enabled debug mode and discovered a chrysallid patienly waiting upstairs not moving around - problem solved
How i enable debug mode???

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Vulgar Monkey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 22, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »
Re armour, I'd go further and say that while it's great that we can have all these different variants, it's getting to the point where it'd really benefit from the armour selection UI being given a full overhaul. If that is even possible, anyway.

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 22, 2014, 09:02:12 pm »
That's interesting, but I don't think I did anything that would cause problems here. The Salamandron is a unit like a Reaper... there shouldn't be any difference. Maybe it's an engine glitch after all? Was the Salamandron on the ground?
im not sure in this case
 but i encountered the same bug on a different map
got control of a salamandron outside an ufo FoW outside works as always but as soon as i opend the door
the tiles of the door were cleared but nothing further
that's a really strange bug/glitch

just researched sectopod construction and noticed that sectopod laser and sectopod plasma have the same specs but sectopod plasma needs 10 more elerium  to be produced
is this intended?

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 23, 2014, 02:44:49 am »
That's a matter of artistic preference, you must work it out yourself. :)

Works for me. Still, any ideas on how to pull out the sprite sheets? I tried using pckview, but it just hangs when I try to open a file.

Edit: Nevermind, I was using an old version.
Edit Edit: But now I'm confused. Pulling up a Sectoid spritesheet, most of the colors it uses are on the palette - but not all of them. What, exactly, are the restrictions regarding color use?

Edits all the way down: Nevermind, I think I got it. For sectoids, option one might be a full-scale body recolor - considering they're all clones, being bred for specific purposes fits the theme. Option number two might just be a band around the cranium - more subtle, not sure if the placement is okay, but it might be workable.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:48:26 am by Quinch »

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 23, 2014, 09:47:56 am »
missing text in FMP 0.9.4:

Offline Sarusei

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 23, 2014, 05:53:26 pm »