Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1613753 times)

Offline SteamXCOM

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2655 on: September 01, 2017, 06:11:39 am »

I think that's how it works now... I'm not sure, should something be done, code-wise? I don't follow nightly changes that well.

Was that not always the way it worked, either sell the detainees or interrogate them (which is an an uncertain risk reward / proposition) and when done either you either got good information or wasted your time but in either instance no aliens to sell. The original game did not have the ability to sell live aliens, you only could research them out of containment.

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: September 17, 2017, 05:40:50 am »
Is this mod compatible with OpenXCom Extended at all?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: September 17, 2017, 09:56:40 am »
Is this mod compatible with OpenXCom Extended at all?

Yes, it is.

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: September 17, 2017, 04:27:03 pm »
Yes, it is.

I could've sworn that this was what I needed to show weapon weight in strings, along with TU cost when moving items around the inventory. Where do I go for that? I can't seem to find it among the mods on the site.

I also got this when trying to launch an interception:
[17-09-2017_09-29-27]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Interface geoCraftScreens not found
[17-09-2017_09-29-55]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Interface geoCraftScreens not found

It doesn't do this when running the game vanilla, Area 51, or FMP. Only with Extended. What I downloaded only contains the executable. I feel like I'm missing something else...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:33:47 pm by ksnova »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: September 17, 2017, 04:54:52 pm »
I could've sworn that this was what I needed to show weapon weight in strings, along with TU cost when moving items around the inventory. Where do I go for that? I can't seem to find it among the mods on the site.

Here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html

I also got this when trying to launch an interception:
[17-09-2017_09-29-27]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Interface geoCraftScreens not found
[17-09-2017_09-29-55]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Interface geoCraftScreens not found

It doesn't do this when running the game vanilla, Area 51, or FMP. Only with Extended. What I downloaded only contains the executable. I feel like I'm missing something else...

"geoCraftScreens" interface was removed a few weeks/months ago... if you get this error, you are using incompatible files (new data files but old executable)... just use the newest files from the link above... you DON'T need OpenXcom nightly, OXCE+ comes with all necessary (and compatible) files... just extract and run... same as nightly.

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: September 17, 2017, 05:02:11 pm »
But... you just said that Final Mod Pack is compatible with OXCE. In order to even run it, it says on the mod page I need the latest nightly.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: September 17, 2017, 05:14:27 pm »
But... you just said that Final Mod Pack is compatible with OXCE. In order to even run it, it says on the mod page I need the latest nightly.

It is compatible with OXCE+ and you don't need latest nightly.

Where does it say OXCE+ needs latest nightly??

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: September 17, 2017, 05:19:14 pm »
http://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack

On this page:
WARNING:
Requires nightly build version 2017-04-15 or later! Get it from http://openxcom.org/git-builds/.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:20:53 pm by ksnova »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: September 17, 2017, 05:32:25 pm »
That means the FMP needs nightly, not that OXCE+ needs nightly.
OXCE+ doesn't need nightly, because it fully contains it already.

I'll repeat it one more time, just in case:
1. You can play FMP with latest nightly.
2. You can play FMP with latest OXCE+.
3. You cannot play FMP with a random mix of latest nightly and OXCE+.

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: September 17, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »
Started over with a fresh install using only the milestone, OXCE, and FMP. Everything seems to be working right now. Thanks.

EDIT: Nope, I seem to have a map error on a Terror Mission. It said to send the logs to the devs, but the map seems to be running ok so far.

[17-09-2017_21-58-38]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/PORTURBAN08.RMP Node #30 is outside map boundaries at X:20 Y:11 Z:1. Culling Node.
[17-09-2017_21-58-38]   [INFO]   Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/PORTURBAN05.RMP Node #19 is outside map boundaries at X:20 Y:6 Z:3. Culling Node.

I explored every corner of the map and didn't notice anything wrong with it. Though obviously I saw no port. I started the mission again by backing out to a save at the Geoscape and flying to the mission site one more time to generate a different map. No errors that time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 05:46:16 am by ksnova »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2665 on: September 18, 2017, 01:17:44 pm »
Thanks, but don't worry about it - it won't be a problem.

I will fix it anyway.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: September 23, 2017, 11:21:56 am »
Started over with a fresh install using only the milestone, OXCE, and FMP. Everything seems to be working right now. Thanks.

I saw you had issues with amiga fonts on irc... try this one: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1713.msg76884.html#msg76884

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: September 23, 2017, 04:54:50 pm »
It's not really clear how to install this. Assuming everything in the Language folder of the .zip goes in the Language folder of openxcom, and the other stuff goes in the previous directory, nothing seems to happen.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: September 23, 2017, 05:05:39 pm »
It's not really clear how to install this. Assuming everything in the Language folder of the .zip goes in the Language folder of openxcom, and the other stuff goes in the previous directory, nothing seems to happen.

It's packaged as a normal mod.
Just extract the entire content of the zip file into the /mods/ directory (along other mods you probably have) and activate the mod.

No need to copy anything into any extra directories.

Offline ksnova

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: September 23, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »
Oh, durr. I should've known that. Forgive me, I've only been awake the past hour or so. Glad you decided to help again, I just didn't want to make a new thread JUST for something so minuscule. Spamming's not my thing. Thanks again. :)