aliens

Author Topic: [ARMOR] I'M BATMAN ( REALLY....) ^_^  (Read 9550 times)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[ARMOR] I'M BATMAN ( REALLY....) ^_^
« on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:35 am »
Happy April Fools Day everyone ^_^ At least hat's what it is over here, this was just a minor joke request by a kid from a a friends family. What a bizarre concept >_< the cape crusader dealing with aliens.
Sure it's funny, but it'll never fit in the xcom setting >_<
Anyway, hope you people have a sense of humor, concept art is below. Some batarangs and a couple of bombs on his utility belt ^_^

Okay, jokes over...The Truth is, the kid's birthday was two days ago >_< and yes I was derailed from my own mod to please the little one. Still, not bad for a Cape experiment and throwing weapons. He has three Batarangs, Standard AP, Explosive and Incendiary.  A knock out bomb, and a high explosive Device.

Now, he is basically complete, full sprites, floorob & bigobs, some ufopedia.org..... except I was going to make him research-able and his stuff manufactured.  My plan was that you would find a Bat CD on some random mission, once analyzed, you would get the Bat stuff.

But I don't know how to include the CD as random Loot in missions like a terror site, that and I ran out of time and the kid wanted to start the game with Batman . So I didn't develop this further, but I included the CD sprite for anyone who wan'ts a crack at it. I'm still working on my mod >_<
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:24:14 pm by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] I'M BATMAN
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:08:14 am »
That's an awesome looking batman though!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [ARMOR] I'M BATMAN ( REALLY....) ^_^
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
Batman, what are you doing on a desert? You look silly! YOU ARE (supposed to be) THE NIGHT! :)

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 09:37:05 pm »
What did you do to the Skyranger?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 05:06:33 am »
You mean the Batranger?

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »
Wow, this is pretty cool.

It would be far more awesome if you added the real Batman in a late-game Terror-Site Mission. Kill him and you'll get to research all his technology.

If you capture him alive... ohhhh man!! Besides getting the above, I can only think of being able to control the original Batman after interrogation. If you don't have enough scientists on Batman during interrogation, he'll have more time to escape, and you'll have to wait for him to pop-up again.

Don't forget to add the grappling hook first. You'll also get to research all that tech separately, and that grapple would be great for scaling tall buildings with alien snipers...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:15:14 pm by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
If you capture him alive... ohhhh man!! Besides getting the above, I can only think of being able to control the original Batman after interrogation. If you don't have enough scientists on Batman during interrogation, he'll have more time to escape, and you'll have to wait for him to pop-up again.

Sounds a bit like having bounties or secondary-objectives in a mission. I think that would be super cool...

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 07:27:32 pm »
Kill him and you'll get to research all his technology.

Don't forget to add the grappling hook first. You'll also get to research all that tech separately, and that grapple would be great for scaling tall buildings with alien snipers...

I think Superman will have something to say about that >_< Also, how would the grappling gun work? we  can only make him fly >_<
And finally, it was just for fun ^_^ Feel free to edit it however you can, I'm still constructing here, had a bad week >_< but I'm getting there....

On a side note, that wasn't a Bat ranger..... its a funny experiment, any one want to help me turn this into a UFO for the cult mod and the men in black mod. I hope to give it to them as a transport .vehicle