aliens

Author Topic: [CRAFT/BETA] Raven Interceptor  (Read 13733 times)

Offline MickTheMage

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[CRAFT/BETA] Raven Interceptor
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:52:00 am »
This is my another attempt on „moding-lite“ OpenXcom. The idea was simple – what can I get from the new XCOM game and put it into the old universe? How cool will be Thin Man in the UFO:Enemy Unknown? Yeah,  but there is one problem and it is my no-skill in graphic. So, creating full unit sprites for Thin Man is above me. Something else maybe? Raven Interceptor? Hmm, yeah I can try this :)

In the beginning your scientists can research "Improved Interceptor" project and then you can manufacture your slightly better interceptor.

Files (dropbox):
Raven Interceptor

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
Re: [CRAFT/BETA] Raven Interceptor
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:13:59 am »
Wow looks really good!

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:21:49 pm »
Can you post a picture of it on the battlefield please?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »
... it has no cargo space, it's clearly not a landing craft :P

nice work, but the base sprite looks a bit... dark?
as for the thin man, just remove some pixels from the civilians, pretend you work for a fashion magazine. :P

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 04:26:53 pm »
D'oh!
I was thinking of the 2012 Skyranger. Just don't know why...

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »
Hmm... I think I'll steal it for my aircraft rebalance mod. :)

Offline AndO3131

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:29 pm »
I look at all those pretty new crafts https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1675.0, https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1274.0 including the one form this thread and I can't stop thinking they're all slightly different versions of one and only interceptor.

Here's an idea we could implement sometime after 1.0: add optional equipment for flying crafts to use, like in X-com Apocalypse - force fields, cloaking devices, personnel modules etc. This could be related to new stat for crafts, let's call it 'equipment space' for now. New crafts could have more or less space, making them more configurable, possibly with more varied hi-tech constructions. Of course alien crafts would also benefit from these new devices.

Offline MickTheMage

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 10:11:15 pm »
Can you post a picture of it on the battlefield please?

Yeah, it is only fighter craft. Skyranger 2012 that is good idea, but above my skill.

nice work, but the base sprite looks a bit... dark?

Hmm, maybe you are right. I'll try something with it.

Offline Ascadix

• Captain
  • My English is as good as French schools ... :-p
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 03:12:09 am »
Mhhh

I don't see the graphic in UFOpaedia, the background is the standard interceptor.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 03:47:11 am »
It doesn't replace the Interceptor, it has to be researched. Also, I have a question, can we program the manufacturing requirement to include an aircraft in addition to ufo parts? say like upgrading the interceptor into the Raven, instead of selling it off. Or does the game not work like that? >_< 

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 04:49:42 am »
It doesn't replace the Interceptor, it has to be researched. Also, I have a question, can we program the manufacturing requirement to include an aircraft in addition to ufo parts? say like upgrading the interceptor into the Raven, instead of selling it off. Or does the game not work like that? >_<
Well, considering that you can use HWPs and field equipment for crafting, (and aircrafts are considered equipment, can be sold and bought, like the stuff I just mentioned) you most likely can!

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 12:35:31 pm »
Well, considering that you can use HWPs and field equipment for crafting, (and aircrafts are considered equipment, can be sold and bought, like the stuff I just mentioned) you most likely can!

Sadly, AFAIK you can't. The problem is, the game would need to know which of the three Interceptors in your base should be used as a component for an advanced craft based on an Interceptor hull (as it concerns which hangar would be vacated etc. - I think Warboy explained it somewhere). Therefore, while I haven't done any proper tests, I am highly sceptical of this possibility.

Offline colvered

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 09:09:51 am »

Damn, that raven is pretty good Mick, don't know why you were so hard on yourself. Thanks for posting the download.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 05:11:40 pm by colvered »

Offline BryanHines

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
    • Anything Comparable To Phentermine Available Over The Counter
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 07:38:08 am »
Yeah, it is only fighter craft. Skyranger 2012 that is good idea, but above my skill. Here's an idea we could implement sometime after 1.0: add optional equipment for flying crafts to , like in X-com Apocalypse - force fields, cloaking devices, personnel modules etc. This could be related to new stat for crafts, let's call it 'equipment space' for now. New crafts could have more or less space, making them more configurable, possibly with more varied hi-tech constructions. Of course alien crafts would also benefit from these new devices

Hmm, maybe you are right. I'll try something with it.

Were you able to complete the project? If yes, can you please share the download link? The mod looks good and your graphics skills are not that bad. IMO, you shouldn't self-criticize yourself. You deserve applaud and thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 10:20:54 pm by BryanHines »

Offline FrancisButcher

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 03:58:05 pm »
This is my another attempt on „moding-lite“ OpenXcom. The idea was simple – what can I get from the new XCOM game and put it into the old universe? How cool will be Thin Man in the UFO:Enemy Unknown? Yeah,  but there is one problem and it is my no-skill in graphic. So, creating full unit sprites for Thin Man is above me. Something else maybe? Raven Interceptor? Hmm, yeah I can try this :)

In the beginning your scientists can research "Improved Interceptor" project and then you can manufacture your slightly better interceptor.

Files (dropbox):
Raven Interceptor

yeah, you are right. earlier I also did not have skill in the graphic so I tried something new and it worked.