Author Topic: Final battle too easy  (Read 21425 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Final battle too easy
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 08:00:29 pm »
I don't know about reapers in low-pressure-environments... then again, sectoids are pretty silly in that setting, too. If we want it to make sense, I'd go for cyberdiscs, sectopods, floaters and silacoids in the mars-surface-battle. those are the aliens that I'd believe to survive that environment.
...also, we should disallow anything below power-armor for the xcom soldiers ;)

I'd like to see these changes too. Although I think Mutons also have potential to survive, perhaps even greater than Floaters.
But... Sectopods? I mean it makes sense, but... D:

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 12:05:37 am »
Although I think Mutons also have potential to survive, perhaps even greater than Floaters.

Mutons still have to breathe. Floaters have large parts of their body replaced by a life support system ("The device which seems to form the core of the body is a life support system, taking over the function of heart, lungs and digestive system. This would enable the creature to survive in extremely hostile environments."). I'd go for Floaters :D

what about sectopods? Too powerful? I thought that was the whole point of this thread, anyway ;) :P

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 12:09:25 am »
Sectopods are mechanics exelent for hostile environment

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 12:13:41 am »
Mutons still have to breathe. Floaters have large parts of their body replaced by a life support system ("The device which seems to form the core of the body is a life support system, taking over the function of heart, lungs and digestive system. This would enable the creature to survive in extremely hostile environments."). I'd go for Floaters :D

I think Mutons are cyber/bioengineered enough to allow for such an assumption. However, it's purely subjective.

what about sectopods? Too powerful? I thought that was the whole point of this thread, anyway ;) :P

Well... That's true, but it's still scary! (Not to X-Com masters like us, of course.)

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 12:21:30 am »
and..... crysalids!!!

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »
a new idea!!
in the lasts moments when the brain see you as a reaction fire method can summon Chrysalids in the room.

The mother of Horror!!!!

think this, finally you get access to the brain room there are the acolytes of the brain they must defend the brain, no random behavior just fire against you the brain still do nothing its safe whit his 2 psi power camps then you kill the acolytes and say you next mother fu* the brain spin he cant move but trembles of fear try take mind control of you you fire once it "scream" and summon a Chrysalid, then you kill the Chrysalid but again mind control or new Chrysalid, everything depends of how many UT´s it have based on the difficult level, but it "scream" in every shoot you do!
like NOOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOO! son! Noooooo!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:49:17 pm by Angelus_EV »

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 10:19:27 pm »
I didn't quite understand it, but I have this now after reading your post.

Put chryssalid eggs all over the place and the Mother will force the eggs to hatch as you get closer. New born chryissalids now in your way and possibly surrounding you, because not all of them hatch yet, some will and some won't during every turn. so you gotta slowly creep through as you're crossing the unhatched eggs with enough reaction fire to defend yourself. Destroying the heavily armored eggs only brings out a weaker Chryssalid.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:40 pm »
cool, we only need a good modder to do this! i only can make ideas, no code :(

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 10:45:42 pm »
i was thinking in a boss game mechanic, making a unit replacing the decorative brain whit Stats, UTs, life etc. but a lot of.
Then you need many soldiers doing a lot of shoots 3 o 4 tuns to bring his life down.

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 12:35:32 am »
I once had a sectopod take out my entire elite squad.. one... sectopod.... It was so painful and brutal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyhWjMrmtEk  (superhuman)

So having a sectopod (or two, three?) up there will definitely be fun on if they need to be taken out before the brain can be touched. Curious, it would be nice if we could continue the game after we beat Cydonia, and continue battling UFO incursions.. Kind of like a No-Ending Mod which will also let you continually go back to Cydonia? :) Very interesting mod aspect.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 02:15:12 am »
sectopods and civerdiscs are weak against laser

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30:16 am »
We need to think of something for the Brain to do that would give you the idea that the Brain is desperate and ready to die with everyone inside.

Explosions everywhere? Like an epic movie, and whoever is left standing finishes the job. Sounds good?

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 02:49:42 am »
its something, we can try and test and try and test.... to see the light at the end of the tunnel 8)

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 02:49:18 pm »
This is something that would be best had as a mod, not an engine feature.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »
Hm...  maybe a different mission on Mars, destroy sectoid cloning labs, chryssalid nests, muton desexing factories, floater cybernetics, stuff like that.  That'll put an end to them, and maybe there are good Mutons that can be enlisted...