aliens

Author Topic: Select your Game  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
Select your Game
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:02:40 am »
I was thinking: when you manage to fully implement the TFTD in OpenXcom, instead of 2 completely separate games, could be only selectable modules in the same game.
something like:

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Select your Game
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »
I'm pretty sure the code would make it possible. I don't particularly care, but this seems to be a logical approach.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

what do you think?

its an idea, paint made

i cant code :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:44:03 pm »
nice aproach :D!...yes i love tftd and i totally love eu...but merging both doesnt make any sense...i think this should be the solution..or after you pass the first game you can "transfer" your savegame, maybe you began with more money?...more alien weapons that you can use on ground and not that silly harpoon rifles? a couple of your soldiers? (its forty years in the future,im pretty sure if the first alien war heros had children..maybe they want to follow his steps?? )

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:06:06 pm »
It's going to be two games installed in two directories, with different DATA and ruleset files. Even the savegames and options will have to be kept completely independant from each other.

For example, the selectable languages will not be the same, depending on people who translate one game but not the other.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
It's going to be two games installed in two directories, with different DATA and ruleset files. Even the savegames and options will have to be kept completely independant from each other.

For example, the selectable languages will not be the same, depending on people who translate one game but not the other.

yep, here you just select the game, then: you see the regular menu of each game