Author Topic: Battlescape Resolutions  (Read 20315 times)

Offline AlienRape

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Battlescape Resolutions
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »
I actually like the fact that it plays in a window and would vote against a full-screen (only) setup.
Why? Because with a windowed game, I can play openxcom and browse/code/email/whatever at the same time, and being a turn-based game just makes it all so... perfect.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:20:02 am »
Sometimes i  multi-task when playing x-com  and others i play full screen. Must say i love the larger resolution shown. Can we have both :)

Offline Istrebitel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
+1 for larger resolution OPTIONS.
Leave basic option intact, and provide two options for larger resolution: with scaling HUD and with HUD still taking its place at the screen bottom.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:46 am »
Will we see Higher Resolution options in V0.5 or only after V1.0 ?

Offline pepek

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 01:50:36 pm »
Tip for geoscape higher resolution (for version 1.1+/mod) - there is nothing more to be displayed than zoomed globe, so it would be nice to make splitscreen and have globe/base screen visible at same time (or globe/3bases or globe/1base/research/manufacture...).

Also pause button would be good for geoscape - to you can plan interceptions without any pop-up window

Volutar

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 02:35:52 pm »
Split screen... I suppose that would be quite ugly view. It would think to have sort of windowed screen, when you can choose and arrange different management screens, like current researches, manufactures, transfers, bases, soldiers, etc, like everything you need to watch in progress or need to wait for something. But that would be totally different UI design.

Actually I tend to support this idea, though it should be thought of thoroughly, in order to become very handy and useful. And this will change game athmosphere greatly, and it won't be xcom anymore.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:42:06 pm by Volutar »

Offline pepek

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 03:11:12 pm »
another idea - display important countdowns on globe screen - research progress, remaining manufacture time, ship repair status, number of healing soldiers (remaining time to heal for few soldiers), remaining time to finish building facility...

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:52:25 pm »
I like this idea , It should be able to completely Minimised if unwanted and what Fields actually get shown show should be controllable .

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 02:18:33 pm »
or could do something a bit more low-key like this. Showing the date of the next "complete event", and you can click the buttons to go to the relevant screen

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 02:31:33 pm »
Yep that would look good, just a bit harder to see stats if you have multiply bases, as i said before it would be good Minimise if unwanted or even minimise to your selection if thats all you need, either way i would love to have yours in game.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:39:14 pm by luke83 »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 05:39:18 pm »
or could do something a bit more low-key like this. Showing the date of the next "complete event", and you can click the buttons to go to the relevant screen
Hmm, why does that look familiar? ;)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26:10 am »
Hmm, why does that look familiar? ;)
Honestly, I have never seen that before (or at least I don't remember seeing it). Is that from the new one?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 10:00:11 am »
yep :) looks almost precisely like that. on the new geoscape, there are little "next event" indicators in the lower right corner :)