aliens

Author Topic: UFO2000 Needs Players  (Read 49362 times)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: UFO2000 Needs Players
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2015, 02:05:05 pm »
I'm thinking we can copy a duplicate of the openxcom modsite and style a new one for ufo2000 and put all the ufo2k maps/mods stuff there.. Leaving it open if anyone wants to add new stuff to it..
Is there any progress on that? I found few pages on the wiki, that still point to it. I'd love to point them to a proper place, but if there's only the archive-site, it will have to do, for the moment.
please add the links to the ufo2000 server info page at the ufopaedia wiki.
[ x ] done. :)
I will also try to provide the necessary server setup instructions there.
Have you started with that, yet? I could create/continue the servers-section there, as well.
Right now it looks like the ufopaedia is the best way to accumulate all the necessary ufo2000 information and does not need any special permissions to start contributing, hence things can keep rolling regardless of my availability.
I've started a little, with that. Still, that needs some information to be put there. Some things are still unclear to me. For example, what surprises are there, regarding the make-command? Up to now, I found four things: make... »« (meaning <nothing>), »server«,  »no_dumbogg=1« or »tools«. Are there any further switches?
I was not very happy about the mantis bugtracker security history though.
Is it still available, somewhere? Last information in the ufopaedia says https://ufo2000.xcomufo.com/mantis/view_all_bug_page.php, which obviously isn't active any more.
There is a lua script to generate that page: https://github.com/ufo2000/ufo2000/blob/master/script/db2htmlreport.lua
Won't work at my site. It says:
Code: [Select]
lua: ./db2htmlreport.lua:8: attempt to index global 'sqlite3' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
./db2htmlreport.lua:8: in main chunk
[C]: in ?
What am I doing wrong?
It uses a customized lua interpreter, which is built as part of ufo2000 when you run "make tools".
Wasn't even necessary here, but the script itself seems to be making problems.
It's saying something about the replay being recorded on an older version or something.
Something similar will happen, when the replay was recorded on a different system. I just found out, that I can not replay windows-made ones with linux and vice versa.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:17:07 pm by 7Saturn »

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
Ok so I've set up a permanent ufo2000 server on one of the modsite servers, as well as a neat statistics page..

Game Server:    ufo2000.openxcom.com

There is also the map depot files which I have a copy of. Isn't there a database file that we can poll from the server to pull more info/data? Also the lua script if I'm not mistaken can just be converted to PHP.. Is the lua script the same that generates the "ufo2000 match making server" statistics page on port 2000? I'm currently pulling and parsing this into the url link above but it would be neat if we can poll this database and get more info. I can take care of any extras in interfacing into the db from PHP onto the website.

Edit: I just took a look at the lua script... Very nice. I'm gonna go ahead and convert this to PHP for use on https://ufo2000.openxcom.com/ and start playing with the db... Shouldn't be too difficult.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:45:10 am by Jo5hua »

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2015, 10:21:22 am »
There is also the map depot files which I have a copy of. Isn't there a database file that we can poll from the server to pull more info/data?
Map-database, or stats-db? For the latter, see one of my emails. =) For map depot: I don't believe, Hobbes did that much effort on it. Simple HTML.
Also the lua script if I'm not mistaken can just be converted to PHP..
Sure. With a little work. You wouldn't mind to give me a copy, once you have finished? So I could use it on my own server. =) =) =) I'd suggest, that we put that into a repository. Which brings me to the point I forgot in my last posting: @serge: Is there any way, one of us can have access to the svn-repo? I quote one of the source-files (»HACKING«):
You can submit the patch to our bugtracker and one of the developers with full access to the repository can review it and commit. [...] After someone has successfully contributed a few non-trivial patches, some full committer, usually whoever has reviewed and applied the most patches from that contributor, proposes them for commit access.  This proposal is sent only to the other full committers -- the ensuing discussion is private, so that everyone can feel comfortable speaking their minds.  Assuming there are no objections, the contributor is granted commit access.  The decision is made by consensus; there are no formal rules governing the procedure, though generally if someone strongly objects the access is not offered, or is offered on a provisional basis.
So from my point, there is no development-»team« any more. Maybe we will have to get active first, submitting a few patches, to get attention back. But if not, how is that meant to be done? Forking without actually creating a new project sounds odd. So I suggest, a kind developer (who still has to be found) may be granted access in that fashion, that it is possible to do real progress.
Is the lua script the same that generates the "ufo2000 match making server" statistics page on port 2000?
Thats how I understood serge's posting.
I'm currently pulling and parsing this into the url link above but it would be neat if we can poll this database and get more info.
You mean from the main server? For that, we'd have to have access to the database-file, which I'm most sure, won't be public, as it contains the passwordhashes of the server, as well.
Shouldn't be too difficult.
I thinks so, too. Even I had success on that, without having any clue, at first. =)

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 10:47:28 am »
I did a little digging, and I found the file, where the links are defined, where the stats-page is to be found. In file »server_protocol.cpp« one findes the line 115 and 116, which still point to the old adresses. Simply changing that, and recompiling the server should do the trick for pointing to the right adresses.

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:23 am »
The PHP script is working great and pulling all the info from the database :) Now that it's connecting with no error, pulling anything from the db is simple care. I'm thinking about putting an online user list or users online thingy on the modsite.

Hobbes sent me the download directory for the map depot so I'll be putting that up very soon.

The old map depot images are still available here luckily!
https://web.archive.org/web/20120106102020https:///area51.xcomufo.com/depot2.htm

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2015, 01:05:06 pm »
Thanks for your efforts!

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary UFO2000 matchmaking-server running
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2016, 09:20:01 pm »
Currently, you should find an ufo2000 matchmaking server running at the address mobile-infanterie.gamersunitonline.net:2000. The corresponding activity-site is also https://mobile-infanterie.gamersunitonline.net:2000/.
Just in case, someone tries to connect there: The domain name has changed to mobile-infanterie.epicgamer.org.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2018, 08:46:42 pm »
And the status page is now accessible via https://mobile-infanterie.epicgamer.org/ufo2000status.php.