aliens

Author Topic: Dont forget to upvote your own translations!  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Dont forget to upvote your own translations!
« on: December 25, 2013, 11:39:02 pm »
Because GetLocalization isn't flawless, always remember to upvote your translations to make sure they in 1st place in the list. Only the 1st rated translations are selected to integrate the translation file, so upvoting is important. And do it not once, but TWICE. There seems to be a small bug with getlocalization recognizing votes, so always make sure your translation is in 1st place after you vote. If somehow it doesn't work, ask someone else to upvote it for you. I'll personally try to upvote as many changes as I detect that aren't automatically sent to 1st place.

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Dont forget to upvote your own translations!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:43:49 pm »
And in retrospect, before upvoting anything, TEST YOUR TRANSLATION BEFOREHAND. Remember than you can still edit translation .yml files manually, and you should always ALWAYS, test a new translation before uploading it. Remember that there are textbox size limits you should take into consideration, and GetLocalization doesn't allow for any previews.

Offline Phreeze

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:08:29 pm »
if i'm the only translator, do I have to upvote too  ? (as there will be mainly only 1 translation for each string)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:29:40 pm »
Phreeze : Voting is only needed if there's more than one translation: if you fix something made by somebody else, check if your translation appears below it. If it does, voting your translation will help push it up.