Author Topic: A proposal: Mod translation project  (Read 3879 times)

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
A proposal: Mod translation project
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »
There are plenty of mods already available for OXC, but given that it's more or less unwieldy for translators to download and translate them individually, I suggest we come up with a unified translation script that is frequently updated with all mod entries which include the project. We could similarly use GetLocalization for something like this.

What do you think of this idea?

Re: A proposal: Mod translation project
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:32:31 pm »
I think your proposition is very cool. In my opinion, downloading and translating mods individually is boring and takes too much time.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33:02 pm »
i already have translated the mods i use to my language...it was a pain in the ass...i totally  support this

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 02:50:43 am »
The only problem with using GetLocalization is it only supports files in the standard one-language-per-file format, and rulesets kinda do their own format. You'd have to combine all the strings into one file, make sure the IDs don't conflict, feed it to GetLocalization on any update, get the resulting new individual language files and put them back together in their respective rulesets, which sounds like a handful.

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 03:32:52 am »
The only problem with using GetLocalization is it only supports files in the standard one-language-per-file format, and rulesets kinda do their own format. You'd have to combine all the strings into one file, make sure the IDs don't conflict, feed it to GetLocalization on any update, get the resulting new individual language files and put them back together in their respective rulesets, which sounds like a handful.
Yes, that was the point. One file to rule all mods.