aliens

Author Topic: Scout drone [Needs ruleset]  (Read 6278 times)

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
Scout drone [Needs ruleset]
« on: November 23, 2013, 12:00:58 pm »
After losing my hair on making ruleset for this, i just gave up couple weeks ago and got frustrated ... SO now ,instead having this graphics set lurking in my HD, i decided just share this for anyone who wants to try to make ruleset for this, if anyone willing to do, since my knowledge on code side is just, AAAHRG! D:

This pack should contain everything needed graphically and with sounds:

1. Battlescape sprites total of 75 images (used base sprite sheet from Civilian Male)
2. Ufopedia image
3. Battlescape BIGOB image (smoke popper)
4. Corpse image
5. Smokepopping sound

My intentions were to make this kind of ruleset for this:

- Costs 1/4 of Tanks price
- Smoke popper range would be limited to 1 square distance (so it would only be able to smokescreen itself and anyone near it)
- Small sized smoke screen (not huge like the smoke grenades smoke screen)
- Very vulnerable to get wrecked
- Have slightly more TUs than reqular tank? ... ( faster )
- No weaponery at all ,as it is just used for scouting and spotting aliens.
- Ufopaedia image to have Giftys Descrition:

SCOUT DRONE
An inexpensive and rudimentary UVS (unmanned vehicle system) often used in modern military conflicts to scout enemy positions or bomb sites. This X-Com model, courtesy of the US government, has been fitted expressly to quickly locate hostiles in a first-contact scenario, feeding real-time digital intel to the rest of the squad. The Scout Drone carries no weapons, but is capable of detonating a smoke pellet to hide itself or its squadmates.

Those are merely just suggestions, but you can do anything you want for it.
IF you use this in your mod or anyway, atleast give me credits for these graphs, this took a lot of time to create from scratch. (and of course Gifty too if you use his text) ;)

Enjoy! Have fun! :)

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Scout drone [Needs ruleset]
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:20:40 pm »
That looks adorable

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 06:37:58 am »
What did you have trouble with? I might be able to help (Especially if you're having trouble making the smokescreen/making it appear in the base).

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleset Get!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:41:44 am »
well that was one hell of a learning experience o_O still. I think I managed to pull it off to your specifications.
but it works well when I tested it, I've grown quite fond of it :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:17:32 pm by Arpia »

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 02:37:41 pm »
Small suggestion: since it's a scout drone, why not adding a motion sensor to it, instead of a smoke popper? It would be a cool requirement to develop it so you'd have to research the motion sensor first.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ruleset Get!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:11:41 am »
well that was one hell of a learning experience o_O still. I think I managed to pull it off to your specifications.
only problem was it is able to equip/use items, so I zeroed off it's strength/accuracy/reactions.
Also equipment/HWPs can't seem to have a fancy UFOpedia background. Apparently thats only for craft/facility/research topics.

but it works well when I tested it, I've grown quite fond of it :D

Edit. Minor changes to fix a couple things.

@Hythlodaeus a tank counts as a HWP/weapon, its not possible to make a tank count as HWP/equipment. you could modify its strength to 4, that way it could carry/use a motion scanner as well. but thats the only way around it.

You can make a HWP with an item fixedWeapon but the item is placed in one of the backpack slots so it can't be used (fixedWeapons can't be moved around the inventory). Check the Medic Drone in my Drones mod if you need an example.

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »
i actually had trouble with everything :D ... i only managed to script it into "purchase" menu and nothing else.... every time it crashed :p