Author Topic: Empty magazines and belts.  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
Empty magazines and belts.
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:26:35 pm »
It would be nice if we could have some magazines that don't magically dissapear after use and would just become empty.  Allow me to ellaborate, when you use up a magazine in any gun that requires an external ammunition source, it will just disspear instead of having to un-load it from the gun.  it would be nice if we could get magazines that maybe had an extra .5 or .1 of shots inside so you had to un-load it from the gun before you could add a new magazine, but not affecting things that don't have anything left in them when they are finished.  also maybe have them become their own item and instead of just buying magazines you bought bullets in bulk and had to have engineers re-load them or something, or maybe just have them reloaded like aircraft weapons? just another thought to add some need for engineers other than just making things.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Empty magazines and belts.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:49:45 pm »
Are you suggesting that guns have bullets in their "chambers" when you unload weapons? It sort of sounds like you want to add micromanagement of ammo just for the sake of realism. It doesn't really sound fun.

If you're suggesting a mechanic to help you conserve ammo, the game already "collects" non-empty magazines to make full ones. If three guns fire one bullet each, you don't lose 3 magazines, just 1 (not perfect, but perfect would be overkill).

On your engineering suggesting, I feel like soldiers would be more than able to fill their magazines with ammunition between missions.

Sorry to poop all over your suggestions! :D

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:25 pm »
On your engineering suggesting, I feel like soldiers would be more than able to fill their magazines with ammunition between missions.

Sorry to poop all over your suggestions! :D

your fine, i was thinking soldiers doing it but it would take more coding than necesary and i don't even know if there is a way to use soldiers like scientists or engineers as they seem to not be like the other people you can hire.

Offline Shadow

• Captain
  • Veteran Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 01:13:58 am »
Seems like pointless micromanagement to me. Increased complexity has to add more to the game than just clicks and repetition.

Reloading is manual enough as it is (unless you use the R hotkey), so I can trust the trooper to press the button to drop the empty clip to the ground on his own.