aliens

Author Topic: Portable cover HWP  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
Portable cover HWP
« on: November 13, 2013, 06:34:23 pm »
Could we get a hwp that has next to max armor (maybe not being able to protect agianst explosives and fusion launchers)  in a 1x1 kind space that would be used in base defence and fully shield soldiers in narrow base hallways?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Portable cover HWP
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:40 pm »
you could probably make one yourself :)

I think there was some problem with tanks always occupying 4 slots in the transport craft even if they are only 1x1, but if you only want to use it for base defence... that should be possible, I guess.

...somehow, the way you describe it, I picture it as the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey :D

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:48:31 pm »
you could probably make one yourself :)

I think there was some problem with tanks always occupying 4 slots in the transport craft even if they are only 1x1, but if you only want to use it for base defence... that should be possible, I guess.

...somehow, the way you describe it, I picture it as the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey :D

I would but my copy of windows 7 can't run any modding programs you guys use :/

and maybe that could be the alien version (for no good reason what so ever)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 11:47:47 am »
for basic modding all you need is notepad, actually.

take a look at https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_(OpenXcom) to make yourself familiar with how the ruleset works.

then, simply take the "Xcom1Ruleset.rul" from your data\ruleset folder, make a copy, rename that copy to whatever you want to call your mod ruleset, open it, delete everything you don't need, and change the stuff you need :)

if you want to make your life easier, use "notepad++" and set "language" to "yaml".

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:10:07 pm »
for basic modding all you need is notepad, actually.

take a look at https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Ruleset_Reference_(OpenXcom) to make yourself familiar with how the ruleset works.

then, simply take the "Xcom1Ruleset.rul" from your data\ruleset folder, make a copy, rename that copy to whatever you want to call your mod ruleset, open it, delete everything you don't need, and change the stuff you need :)

if you want to make your life easier, use "notepad++" and set "language" to "yaml".

Thanks! didn't think you could edit it with notepad++, ill try that when i get a chance