Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 541401 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #1185 on: December 26, 2017, 02:37:50 pm »
snip

Before the terror mission, you had already 1 capture: UFO-3 on 20th January... Sectoid Soldier stunned by a Rifle (by Sylvain Laroyenne)

During the terror mission, you have stunned 2:
1. Dominik Prochazka, Reaper Terrorist by Auto-Cannon
2. Muenda Obanda, Reaper Terrorist by Rifle

After terror mission (25th January) this is 3 aliens stunned together.

Offline Morbo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 26, 2018, 02:37:12 am »
Saw one of my soldiers had "Improvisation" under kill type list along with grenade, laser rifle, etc.

What kind of kill gets the improvisation tag?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1187 on: January 26, 2018, 03:58:06 am »
Generally, "Improvisation" indicates that some indirect action from the soldier accounted for the enemy death.  ie, exploding barrels killed the enemy or set them on fire from which they died later.

Offline XSauroxPlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 23, 2018, 04:42:36 pm »
Hi, could you please give me a link of the build for the nighly?
Thanks in advance

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 23, 2018, 04:58:26 pm »
Hi, could you please give me a link of the build for the nighly?
Thanks in advance

https://openxcom.org/git-builds/

Offline XSauroxPlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 23, 2018, 04:59:36 pm »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 23, 2018, 05:29:48 pm »
Thanks, but I was referring to the Soldier Diaries mod :)

I was also referring to the Soldier Diaries... it's not a mod anymore, it is included in the nightlies directly.

Offline XSauroxPlayer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 23, 2018, 06:09:33 pm »
I was also referring to the Soldier Diaries... it's not a mod anymore, it is included in the nightlies directly.
Oh really? I totally ignored that... but why I don't see the medals and commendations in the nightly then?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 23, 2018, 06:30:12 pm »
Oh really? I totally ignored that... but why I don't see the medals and commendations in the nightly then?

Soldier Diaries is one thing, Commendations is a different thing.

Soldier Diaries = "Stat Tracking" is built-in and you can see details via Soldier UI (Diaries button)

Commendations = "Rewards based on tracked stats"... there are no default commendations... everyone can create commendations as they like...

The biggest and most successful collection of commendations (by Ivan Dogovich, hellrazor and others) can be downloaded from this post: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3048.msg85499.html#msg85499

Direct link: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3048.0;attach=33870

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 02, 2018, 11:36:44 am »
For people who would like to use the Commendations mod in TFTD, I am attaching a fix.
All it does is import the required UFO palette, so that it's not just all black.
OXCE+ required.

PS: of course don't forget to change the metadata.yml in Commendations mod... and change master from xcom1 to xcom2, if you want to see it in TFTD mod list

Offline gaffer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: September 05, 2019, 07:31:03 am »
Long time XCom-er and weekend warrior modder of sorts.  Been a quite user of the communities modding efforts for years, for that I give my thanks!  Whilst time in front of the PC is rare due to work and family demands, I do keep up with the apk on my Android phone and enjoy the game still regularly.

Big fan of the shoes work with the diaries and the combined works making up the commendations mod, which brings me to this post.  There are some additions I'm interested in adding and have taken my first steps adding a single commendation as a test run, complete with artwork utilizing correct pallete, description and ufopedia entry.

Managed to dissect exting works and some brief reading to get the award functional.  The medal is awarded but not by intended criteria.

Commendation: Security Detail
Basic Description: Awarded to soldiers who have
  • months service but not participated in missions.

Desire is to award based on 2 criteria ( totalMonths and totalMissions ).
Clearly I have the syntax or structure incorrect as it is being awarded to soldiers who participate in missions regardless of tenure ( ie XCom Service Medal, given for 1 months service)

For a lengthy prefaced questions(s), how do I assign both total months and total mission int (0) as criteria for the award to be given properly?

I did note the structure for killCriteria for existing awards ( genadier, prowler, erc) but my attempts to implement similar logic have failed.  Is it possible to set 2 criteria that are not kill based?  If so , can someone provide an example?

I intend to create several awards if my intial attempt bears fruit.  The commendation idea that prompted my endeavor is based on the motion scanner.   It is listed in the battle types (BT_Scanner)  but I am.infsure how to go about tracking uses (if possible)to award a commendation based on it.  Attempted to lol at medikit but could not figure it out how to structure it. Or if it requires additional rule set entries from soldier diaries in the source.

Finally I saw on one of the post's regional campaign awards, namely a screenshot for unique award given for North America campaign, however the existing code is only for a generic regional campaign ribbon, seems to be awarded for different regions but without looking into the soldiers diaries,  it is indistinctive in the commendation/artwork.  Was hoping to create unique artwork for specific regions, (perhaps this has been done, or was dropped due to issue?) And trying to get some ideas without spending precious time decifering the code.

I appreciate any input or direction, and hope to share my work if completed.

Thanks,

Offline gaffer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 06, 2019, 12:45:02 am »
Screenshots of current work of above mentioned medal as WIP (which works but failing to be given properly per intended criteria):

Also current structure of code in ruleset.

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: September 06, 2019, 01:49:45 pm »
Neat idea to have the access lift as a decoration. Btw, what about base defense? Should that nullify the no missions in given month counter? I think this one should be given even if that soldier takes part of a base defense mission without venturing out.

Really cool to see someone making new commendations, I think there's so much potential for more of them. Never too many.

EDIT:
I got an simple idea for a decoration, there are Grenadiers medal and Sapper medal, but how about a close assault medal? Given for a HE pack(And alien grenade?) kill of any terror unit for say 3, 5, 10 and 20 kills for example? I think this kind of general HE assault medal would be really cool thing to have. I would make it myself but I don't understand a damn thing about how to... I could do graphics for it if I had the software, but at the moment I don't.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:00:23 pm by Hexhammer »

Offline gaffer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 06, 2019, 11:34:42 pm »
Neat idea to have the access lift as a decoration. Btw, what about base defense? Should that nullify the no missions in given month counter? I think this one should be given even if that soldier takes part of a base defense mission without venturing out.

Great Idea, assuming the base defense does not count as a mission, otherwise I'm not sure how to implement it.  I forget if its accounted for is mission totals.

I got an simple idea for a decoration, there are Grenadiers medal and Sapper medal, but how about a close assault medal? Given for a HE pack(And alien grenade?) kill of any terror unit for say 3, 5, 10 and 20 kills for example? I think this kind of general HE assault medal would be really cool thing to have.

Sounds interesting!  Alien grenade would have to be ommited imho due to the range at which it can be hurled.   As far as a close combat badge, there is criteria for long range shots, I would imagine a close quarters kill tally could be tracked and applied but again, this would require creation of additional tracking stats from Shoes Mod in the ruleset.

Furthermore,  thanks for the interest in my endeavor Hex!  Provided I could learn to add additional ruleset trackers to shoes mod, the possibilities are extensive.   Of course this would require adoption into the nightly build or have to be set up as a sub mod the existing.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:37:41 pm by gaffer »

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: September 07, 2019, 09:45:31 am »
Great Idea, assuming the base defense does not count as a mission, otherwise I'm not sure how to implement it.  I forget if its accounted for is mission totals.

Sounds interesting!  Alien grenade would have to be ommited imho due to the range at which it can be hurled.   As far as a close combat badge, there is criteria for long range shots, I would imagine a close quarters kill tally could be tracked and applied but again, this would require creation of additional tracking stats from Shoes Mod in the ruleset.

Furthermore,  thanks for the interest in my endeavor Hex!  Provided I could learn to add additional ruleset trackers to shoes mod, the possibilities are extensive.   Of course this would require adoption into the nightly build or have to be set up as a sub mod the existing.

I'm fairly certain it does count as a mission, but if there would be some way to make an exception on base defense? Anyway, it would make sense. I always get a small squad eventually to every base with just base defense in mind and some of them never go on any mission other than that so it would be awesome to have them receive the Security Detail medal at some point. :D

Oh yea, the alien grenade is too light for "close" assault stuff unless of course there's a new counter which keeps track on range, which I think would have to be some kind of a middle ground, not too short as HE pack would be lethal to the soldier throwing it, but not too long as otherwise grenade tossing would count as close assault. Didn't Shoes say something about new counters being very much possible to write?

Yea, I'm sure interested into new commendations, the existing ones are already awesome, but I think more is more. :D

I should download photoshop on my laptop and look for the correct palette for Ufopedia, then if I could find some of the existing commendation graphics as templates, I could make graphics for these things. I'm quite experienced with this sort of stuff, but never created graphics for a game mod since the days of Doom.

I have another idea, there exists the one for bravery, I think it was the one anyone gets who improves their bravery stat. But how about one for resisting panic while being able to perform certain function, maybe get set amount of kills while morale being below 50%, that enough many times to get the award.