aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536668 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #1065 on: December 02, 2015, 09:14:57 am »
Color bugs should be fixed...

Did you mean "...are fixed", "...will/must be fixed" or "...may be fixed in the future"? Don't see any commits, so just asking, sorry to be a pain.

PS: I would ban the english word "should" (and the german word "soll")... they are so confusing
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:17:24 am by Meridian »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 03, 2015, 11:32:20 am »
Did you mean "...are fixed", "...will/must be fixed" or "...may be fixed in the future"? Don't see any commits, so just asking, sorry to be a pain.

PS: I would ban the english word "should" (and the german word "soll")... they are so confusing
It means "I fixed something but I can't guarantee I fixed the root of the problem because this is a harsh bitter world we live in". :P

Anyways I cleaned up the UI sizing stuff, I'll look into the color problems next.

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 03, 2015, 09:45:07 pm »

English did originally have "should" and "ought" to clarify the difference. Initially, should was a predicative whereas ought indicated a desirable future outcome. Therefore "The bug should be fixed" meant that the bug, based on previous actions taken, is likely to no longer exist, and "The Bug ought to be fixed" indicates a desired course of action that the bug be fixed in the future. Over time, this distinguishment was lost and ought fell out of favor.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1068 on: December 04, 2015, 12:47:45 am »
English did originally have "should" and "ought" to clarify the difference. Initially, should was a predicative whereas ought indicated a desirable future outcome. Therefore "The bug should be fixed" meant that the bug, based on previous actions taken, is likely to no longer exist, and "The Bug ought to be fixed" indicates a desired course of action that the bug be fixed in the future. Over time, this distinguishment was lost and ought fell out of favor.

I'm using it from today on. Thanks! :)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 05, 2015, 04:38:29 am »
This mod seems rather interesting. I never looked at it before because the title made it sound boring and useless. Perhaps it should be called "Soldier Journals" instead, to indicate that the records contain raw attributes and events, rather than a soldier's words of contemplation. It's probably too late to change it though. :/

I might try using this mod. It seems to track a lot of useful info!

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #1070 on: December 05, 2015, 05:32:09 am »
This mod seems rather interesting. I never looked at it before because the title made it sound boring and useless. Perhaps it should be called "Soldier Journals" instead, to indicate that the records contain raw attributes and events, rather than a soldier's words of contemplation. It's probably too late to change it though. :/

I might try using this mod. It seems to track a lot of useful info!

It's no longer a mod as of https://openxcom.org/2015/11/soldier-diaries-are-here/ - it's now integrated into default vanilla OpenXcom.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 05, 2015, 07:24:39 am »
it's now integrated into default vanilla OpenXcom.
Whoa cool!

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 05, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »
Whoa cool!

Commendation functionality has been merged, but you still need your own rulesets (or the one I link in the original post) to actually get commendations :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1073 on: December 12, 2015, 02:57:37 pm »
All of my men who kill anything get the Armis Potens medal. I guess it's a bug? Do I have an outdated version or what?

EDIT: Nevermind, now I get it...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:01:47 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 18, 2015, 10:22:24 am »
so, i get a little confused...i want to use this mod, but i readed it became merged with the nighties....but are the COMMENDATIONS(medal stuff) merged too?, because i found a couple of mods for ivan dogovich that someway replace the ufopedia images or something, but it says its obsolete because the features were already merged.

So the TL;DR version: does nigthies contain both the stat tracking and the commendation mod?
in case the answer is not, can someone recommend me how i can do it by myself? thanks a lot for your patience.

ps: hi solarius, is there any plan to include or improve the commendation feature in your FMP ?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 18, 2015, 10:26:36 am »
so, i get a little confused...i want to use this mod, but i readed it became merged with the nighties....but are the COMMENDATIONS(medal stuff) merged too?, because i found a couple of mods for ivan dogovich that someway replace the ufopedia images or something, but it says its obsolete because the features were already merged.

So the TL;DR version: does nigthies contain both the stat tracking and the commendation mod?
in case the answer is not, can someone recommend me how i can do it by myself? thanks a lot for your patience.

ps: hi solarius, is there any plan to include or improve the commendation feature in your FMP ?

Commendations mod is NOT in the nightlies.

The link for download is one page earlier in this thread: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1718.msg55250.html#msg55250

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 23, 2015, 01:50:44 am »
THANKS A LOT pal!, it worked like a charm!, but..i have another problem now, and i know this could not be the place to ask, but how i install TFTD, i have the collectors edition cdrom so, do i have to "install" the content of everything related of tftd somewhere, or they are included with the nighties..sorry again, and thanks for your help.

ps: im loving the new features and the commendation mod its just wonderfull :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 23, 2015, 03:52:32 pm »
THANKS A LOT pal!, it worked like a charm!, but..i have another problem now, and i know this could not be the place to ask, but how i install TFTD, i have the collectors edition cdrom so, do i have to "install" the content of everything related of tftd somewhere, or they are included with the nighties..sorry again, and thanks for your help.

ps: im loving the new features and the commendation mod its just wonderfull :D

Glad you like them :) there are a few bugs in it still, but I hope you will overlook them! As for TFTD, the nightlies is only code, no art or sound. It would be best you install TFTD, and then follow the installation instructions to copy/paste the art and sound assets into OXC.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 25, 2015, 08:08:36 am »
yeah, about "bugs" i only recall a few one being present in the ufopaedia, there are like five or maybe six(?) placeholder entries that have not been deleted , specially the placeholder entries for the kia and mia medals...because if i remember correctly there are the fallen and lost commeration or something like that (i dont recall them etxacly now xD). Aside that, there is nothing specially killing about it, so this its a complete 11/10 :).

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:25 pm »
GREAT MOD!!!