aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 545191 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2014, 01:31:17 pm »
It looks like it's a missing string in the language file for the "rank" of the Tank you killed. Probably a typo either in the source code, or in the language code.

I think I will have time to look at it today :)

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2014, 12:23:44 pm »
Hey Shoes! I've tried to compile the alpha_release branch as that seemed to be the most recent one and I noticed some files missing as well as some calls with wrong arguments. I filled in the gaps from the medals branch (I think) and in the end I was not even sure that alpha_release the most up-to-date branch and I absolutely was not sure that my changes made any sense other than to get the source compiled =)
Can you please look into these source issues? Here is the link to the diffs: https://github.com/szabopeter/OpenXcom/compare/Shoes01:alpha_release...alpha_release

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »
I think MedalsInfoState is a left over from when I rewrote the system :x That probably shouldn't be there at all. Same with SoldierDiaryMissionsState.cpp; all its code has been merged into SoldierDiaryKillsState. It also seems like you've added my old code from the medals  (SoldierMedals.cpp/.h), but all that code is inside the SoldierDiary files too.

I didn't actually expect anyone to pay attention to the git branch! I guess I have a bit of cleaning up to do :D

edit: I've removed those files, and merged with upstream master again. I am surprised you were getting compilation errors; let me know if you still get any!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:46:48 pm by Shoes »

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2014, 03:29:28 pm »
It all compiled flawlessly now, thanks Shoes!

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2014, 03:53:18 pm »
Shoes,

Your erstwhile Australian helper again.

I've noticed that the latest nightly has added options and renamed some options in the advanced options and controls menus.
So I was getting the usual 'STR_(blah)' where stuff didn't match up.
However, I updated the en-US and en-GB language files and attached them to this post.

I have also pulled out the various bits and pieces from the language files for your mod. Popped them into their own file set up for extraStrings at the bottom of the mod ruleset file.

Cheers,

Ceilingrat

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2014, 04:52:55 pm »
I've successfully split the ruleset, so everything should be cleaner now. I've also added your changes ceilingrat, and updated my git repo. However, I had to force the update because I rebased my stuff incorrectly :x so beware of that.

edit: also, I took a look a the string error you got in your screenshot, and I am not sure what happened there. The string exists, so it might be something you did while modding the language files? Let me know if it persists. The string name is "STR_HEAVY_WEAPONS_PLATFORM_LC". And now that I've mentioned this, I am not finding it anymore :x but it will be updated shortly.

edit2: updated github. Now I am worried I may have lost other things :x
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:58:02 pm by Shoes »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 04:39:38 am »
I took a whole bunch of screenshots of where this happens. Zipped up because there was more than 5. The one with the alien base assault, I remember the only time I used a Taser Pistol was to stun the Sectoid commander.

The rest are missions where there aren't any tanks/vehicles/HWP's, etc. So I've got no idea what's going on.

I'll have a look for that string name, but it pops up for different things, so I could be up a creek without a paddle.

Will be downloading the new files and testing.

Ceilingrat

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2014, 11:51:55 am »
Do you happen to be mind controlling the enemies before stunning them? The way my code logic works is it checks a bunch of special cases, and if they all fail, then it must be the last case : a HWP. I must have missed a special case. The new language strings won't fix that, it will just replace the STR_ with the actual string.

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »
Yes, mind control, wait a turn, stun. Or mind control each turn and move important alien to safe place, and then stun.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »
Awesome, then I can fix that. Mind control has been the root of a number of issues I've run into!

Unfortunately, fixing this will not fix your game. To clean up your game, you will have to edit the save game. Either you could remove the entries all together, or modifiy them to reflect the aliens their stunned.

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:37 pm »
That's cool, I'll wear it. Not far off Avenger and Cydonia anyway.
Will start new game when a) finished old game, b)fix is available.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2014, 12:02:21 am »
Should be fixed now :)

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2014, 06:20:16 am »
Doing some testing.  Few things:

1.  Rec'd the Blah blah of restraint after a mission.  However, I don't see the medal on anyone.
2.  On the memorial to the fallen, it would be good if you can click on a soldier and see his diary. 
3.  Would it be good to see rewarded medals in the Ufopedia somewhere?  Not sure...but it seems like an opportunity.

Big kudos on this, btw.  Nicely done!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 03:57:45 pm by BlackLibrary »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2014, 07:38:47 pm »
1: You're saying you've landed some stuns, but you're not getting commendations for it? I am revamping the back end, so that will be a moot point soon enough! However, it's odd that it doesn't work.

2: I agree. I think SupSuper had coded the ability to be able to view the Soldier's stat page, which would lead to the commendations. I will check to see if I can reenable that.

3: I like the idea (and I am sure xracer would as well) of creating a Ufopedia page for each medal with the large sprite + medallion for each commendation. I also like the idea of having a list where you can see how many commendations in total you have unlocked. If I get around to doing that (not a big art guy), it will probably one of the last additions to the mod.

Thanks for the feedback! I am glad that you are enjoying it :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »
Big update! Kill related commendations can now be very finely tuned. A commendation can be awarded for stunning a mind controlled high ranking soldier simply by adding it to the ruleset. I plan on adding a few commendations for stunning alien leaders for example. At the moment, it would still give you the commendation even if the alien woke up after getting stunned, however...

Also it has been merged with the nightly, so you can play with the new UI changes too.