aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 543486 times)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 01:11:36 am »
Yeah, I thin I saw that ^-^ People hiding in the back of the skyranger  unarmed, get Medal pins for lots of kills ^_^

I'll try the new one ^_^ (Got error 404 from dropbox >_< )

As for mu mods, I'll release them when they are ready, in separate mods so you all can chose what you want ^_^

Top Marks for Identifying  "Captain Power" ^_^ But the second one is not "Tank" >_<
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:14:00 am by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 01:25:19 am »
Alternatively, you can just modify the ruleset yourself :)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:37 am »
The second one looks like Boba Fett or his dad's armor. Anyways, great description of mods.

I still need to get home soon and check out this mod!! I current have lots of mods, so I should remove them first before installing this? My save will probably break if I play without some of those mods. I'll just start over no biggy.

Thanks everyone

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 07:46:25 am »
If you've made changes to any file that I am asking you to replace, you will have to re-mod them.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 11:57:36 am »
I've tested this with all the mods I have and are currently building, they work! ^-^
Even thee latest Firing Sound Mod works (Where your weapon sounds different according to the magazine loaded )
Minor error involving Blaster Launcher, or is this error always present?

Will proceed with further testing, Medal earning and such while building my mods ^_^

As for the second Armor I showed, I guess its too obscure and old, even if it's one of my favorites  >_<
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:29:48 pm by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 02:09:32 am »
Sprites now scroll :) also fixed the UFO names being bonkers -- if you want to fix that, you will need to mod your save file or restart a new game.

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:58 am »
Brand spiffy new here, this mod is rather awesome.
One small problem however. I'm getting the 'invalid sector [T] subscript' error when I complete a UFO Recovery with a Terror Ship. The first UFO Recovery I did on Large scout went fine.

I do have other mods installed, but I haven't had any crashes until I installed Soldier Diaries. Mods installed are Grenade Launcher, Shotguns, Combat Armour, Custom Grenades, Quickdraw and Firestorm Restyle.
I'm using the nightly 2014_03_02_0717.

Am I getting this crash because the nightly is too advanced?

Savefile attached, end turn a few times and voila! Floater exits UFO, my guys shoot, end mission, crashes at turn screen.

Cheers,

Ceilingrat

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:52 pm »
If you replaced the .exe you downloaded from my zip with the .exe downloaded from the nightly, then you will have wiped out my mod. Your save game would still have all the information from commendations and stats and all that, but I don't think that would cause the crash...

For some reason the save file is not working. Can you post a save from before you started the mission? I will also try and check on my side of things what happens when you shoot down a terror ship and then start the recovery mission.

edit: could you try something for me? Could you start a "new battle" against a terror ship and could you beat it? If you enable debug mode in your options.cfg (located with your save files), you can ctrl+D to enable debug and then ctrl+K kill all aliens.

I am able to test against terror ships and "win" using debug, and there are no crashes.

I am also told that if you tried to remove mods from your current game, that would cause issues.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:10:23 pm by Shoes »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2014, 04:42:23 am »
New battle against a Terror Ship - Won ok using debug.
I do have a save from after I shot down the terror ship in the Geoscape.
I installed the nightly first, backed up all files that would be replaced by your mod, then installed the mod.

I received medals before this mission fine.

Now, I had to futz around with the language file (coz I hate USA spelling). Copied and pasted the relevant bits from en-US to en-GB in the same spots (Notepad++ for the win!). Also changed medal names to reflect a more British outlook.
I did switch the language back to en-US, still had the crash.

Also pointing out an error with the night terror mission medal description, you're missing an 'r' in the word horros.

edit: just tested with debug mode on the Battlescape save and the Geoscape save after mission start. Had same crash.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:46:43 am by ceilingrat »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2014, 05:48:01 pm »
I installed the mods and I am still not able to load your game; it keeps crashing on armor related things, despite my having downloaded the armor mods.

Does the game crash at the end of turn screen? Or does the mission end, you see your score, you get your promotions, and then when you're supposed to see your medals, it crashes?

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2014, 04:35:50 am »
It crashes at the end of turn screen after last alien dies. My guys have killed the last Floater with a reaction shot on the alien turn. End of turn screen, boom!crash!.

I'll start another game and see if I get the same problem.

The armour is Combat Armour by Warboy1982. It's the only armour-related mod I'm using.

What does the 'invalid vector subscript' thing mean anyway?

edit: installed openxcom with nightly build from feb 23 into different folder. installed only soldier diaries. will see how this goes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:15:09 am by ceilingrat »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2014, 08:28:01 am »

Preface, because I forget my manners far too often. Thanks for all the help you've given and in advance. I really do need to start learning this stuff, so I can help more.

Did new testing with clean install. Nightly build openxcom_git_master_2014_02_23_1921. Only installed Soldier Diaries. Backed up files and overwrote DLLs, .exe, .rul, and the language file. Plopped resources into resources folder as instructed.

On second mission overall after the awarding of XCOM Service Medal. First mission in Feb is the monthly terror ship I've managed to shoot down.
Killed the last alien, end turn. 'Invalid sector T subscript' crash.

WTF? Much confusion. I have no idea what is going on.

Anyway, I've attached save from after the last alien is dead but before mission over.

New post 'coz I couldn't attach a file to old post.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2014, 02:10:38 pm »
Awesome, thanks for the save. I will look into it shortly. I think the crash has something to do with one of the lists I have; I haven't actually ever tested a crashed terror ship, so it may be a simple oversight on my part. Once this is fixed, you should be able to resume your previous game.

You also mentioned modding the commendations a bit; feel free to feedback on them too :) I am glad you're using and enjoying the mod! Minus the crash.

edit: the bug is me trying to award a medal when there are no more awards to give. Expect a fix later today! :D

edit: in case you're in a hurry for a fix, you can remove the entry of Honor Cross from the ruleset. Or you can add another entry for like 999 or something in the []s.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:30:27 pm by Shoes »

Offline ceilingrat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2014, 05:04:21 pm »
Much appreciated.

I will wait for the fix, however in a (minor) fit of annoyance, I deleted the saves. Then, with much facepalm, I realised I have them uploaded to the forum.

Testing will commence sometime tomorrow.

Also, I have attached the en-GB language file. For those of us who prefer the proper spelling of the English language.

It's possible I missed something.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 06:45:04 pm »
I updated the .exe with the fix. I am working on segregating my rulesets like a proper mod should, and then I will update again and include your GB language file :)