aliens

Author Topic: Turkish Translation  (Read 5460 times)

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
Turkish Translation
« on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:06 pm »
Hi everybody.

I have started the Turkish translation at GetLocalization site. I also would like to say hi and thanks for this awesome project.

So,

Hi. And thanks for this awesome project.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: Turkish Translation
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 10:17:23 am »
Hey there,

Great job. Usually people ask questions first, and contribute later :) Oh, that almost made me forget to welcome you to the community.

Hey there, welcome to the OXC community :D

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 11:28:57 am »
Well met, kkmic. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Now that the lang files are sync'ed with Git repo, I finally had the chance to test my work so far. Turns out, there are several Turkish characters missing from the font files. I would like to start working on them right away, but I don't want to step on anybody's toes. Conflict resolution in image files would not be pretty, I guess. ;D

Is anybody else working on the font images right now? Or should I ask this somewhere else, perhaps in its own thread?

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 04:15:51 pm »
The most qualified person to ask is SupSuper. Try sending him a PM and ask for directions. He's busy sometimes, but you will get a reply sooner or later. You can try to PM Warboy1982 too.

While waiting for answers, try making your own fork of the main project on Github, make your changes there, and after being happy with the result and after consulting with Sup, make a pull request there.

Can you handle Github? It's not very complicated, but it may seem discouraging for first-time users.

Edit: scratch that above. "Conflict resolution" says it all :)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:10:47 pm »
Pretty sure nobody else is using the font images, as I usually end up having to draw new characters myself. :P But if you want to go ahead, just post the files when you're done.

Offline Ishmaeel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:00:17 am »
Thanks for the responses. (Hi there, SupSuper!)

I'm attaching the modified font files. There are six new characters. I worked on the images from git_master_2013_10_09_2356. I took care not to disturb the existing characters and took an image diff to confirm.