Author Topic: Bug with Stun Rods/Stunning Aliens  (Read 3616 times)

Offline sender

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Bug with Stun Rods/Stunning Aliens
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »
Open Xcom seems to not be properly checking whether Aliens should enter a stunned state immediately after being hit with a stun rod, instead waiting until the Alien turn comes up or after the Alien acts (i.e. reaction shot). See attached savegame. The soldiers on the right can poke the alien as many times as they like, but it won't collapse until it either fires a reaction shot at the soldier/tank on the left or the alien turn starts. Using latest nightly build.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with Stun Rods/Stunning Aliens
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:51:45 am »
i Took a look at this. Couldn't find any sore thumbs in the code, but I noticed that the sectoid (navigator) has only 7 tu in the .Sav, so am wondering how it could do 2 reactionshots.

It appears the sectoid got temporarily stuck in a phase or mid-state, with the shots lined up and ready, because all it takes is moving the tank to invoke those shots and get them out of the queue (so to speak) and if the stun is then performed it goes ahead normally,

and it strikes me that this had to be written in the .Sav ( but couldn't find anything too unusual there either - just the 7tu )

[ more: ] somehow the sectoid got stuck in STATUS_TURNING, instead of STATUS_STANDING, which *is* written to the .Sav; note how it still has its weapon raised. Ie, changing "3" to "0" in the file fixes/worksaround...