Author Topic: Craft Repair  (Read 13165 times)

Offline Arpia

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Craft Repair
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 08:00:21 am »
sir...
why are you quoting the idea I put out back at me?
arpia does not understand your lack of a message o_o
arpia then proceeds to steal danny's cookie supply... and then runs off before anyone notices.
i donate these cookies to starving badgers. good day to you mademoiselle.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 09:33:07 am »
Sorry for going off topic about dual screens and whatnot.

This bombing air strike stuff might not be a good idea, because you're controlling a group of operatives to handle the problem in person without bringing any kind of attention to your operations. I was reading the MJ-12 UFO recovery booklet that was leaked in the 1940's and X-COM has it the same exact way they did it. Trying to take care of the problem with 2 ground teams and nothing else. Bombarding the site would create a mess, making it harder to clean up as if nothing happened, and those loud jets flying by dropping a load that goes BOOM BOOM BOOM will only bring more attention to your top secret operation.

Aliens being able to bombard a Terror Site seems logical, but not in any other site. They can shoot down randomly and the area of effect will be a 4 square of blocks. They'll be hovering over the terror-site like Independence Day. I feel this doesn't belong in X-COM, but it would be fun to play anyways if someone made the mod.

Wait, isn't this on topic either. It's about using engineers for speeding up craft repair.

Any idle engineers not working on anything would automatically decrease craft repair time. You can pull out any number of Engineers who were manufacturing to help speed up the craft repair process. Engineers built the Crafts, so they should be able to repair them.

@Luke, What I meant was, while you're on a battlescape mission, the other Skyranger that lands on another Crash-Site at 3:00am past midnight will freeze time for that Skyranger. So as soon as you finish your current battlescape mission, which ends at 12pm noon day-time, your next mission starts and begins at the time the other Skyranger landed, 3:00am past midnight, to say it started while you're on the other mission.
So nothing about fuel wasted hovering or landed nearby waiting for your current mission to end. The mission started asap, but since you don't want to run 2 missions at once, the other starts as soon as the other ends. Commanding 2 missions at once might not be fun and become very stressful.

I would love to see enemy factions showing up in battle. Like Government Men in Blacks show up in SUV vehicles carrying sub-machine guns attacking you and the aliens. I always loved the idea of secret agencies within the same government they operate in fighting amongst each other. I got this idea from the Millennium TV Series Season 2, how a secret organization split because they have a different point of view on the Apocalypse. So they're constantly fighting over undiscovered ancient artifacts and relics. The Owl and the Roosters.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:18 pm »
Aliens being able to bombard a Terror Site seems logical, but not in any other site. They can shoot down randomly and the area of effect will be a 4 square of blocks. They'll be hovering over the terror-site like Independence Day. I feel this doesn't belong in X-COM, but it would be fun to play anyways if someone made the mod.

The aliens might not want bomb either...
they might want to keep as many buildings for their own use when they take over... ;)

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:21 am »
No, really.  I would be happy with just being able to see how long it will take to repair a damaged interceptor.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 10:39:29 am »
No, really.  I would be happy with just being able to see how long it will take to repair a damaged interceptor.

Yeah, lets use the KISS principle... ^^

(KISS = Keep it simple, stupid) :P

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:50 pm »
Ok.

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant