Author Topic: X-COM Explosion in Minecraft  (Read 8695 times)

Offline redrat9595

• Sergeant
  • Good Times
    • View Profile
X-COM Explosion in Minecraft
« on: August 04, 2013, 04:08:21 pm »
I don't really know the community's stance on Minecraft, but pixels soothe me and I enjoy playing it on occasion. So one day when I was messing around with a few texture projects at once I got this idea and had to do it.

I am much happier with the game now.

For those four of you out there wondering, the rest of the pack is the Painterly Pack, which I was dabbling in at the time; I just dropped it in the pack while I was messing around. The attached "explosion.png" is the actual texture file. Surprisingly, it looks most accurate with the double frames. For Win7, it goes in...

C:\Users\(YOURUSER)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\resourcepacks\(whatever resource pack you want to use).zip\assets\minecraft\textures\entity

On another note, a long time ago there was an event and I was bored so I drew up an MC skin of a flying suit so copying would be easier. It translated relatively well, and if anyone wants it, just ask; it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to dig up.

-Redrat
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:12:05 pm by redrat9595 »

Offline Raptor29a

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM Explosion in Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »
Hey redrat is it ok if I use your explosion in my minecraft xcom texture pack I am creating? I plan on giving you credit for it.

Here is the link

https://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/xcom--texture-project/

Offline redrat9595

• Sergeant
  • Good Times
    • View Profile
Re: X-COM Explosion in Minecraft
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 04:28:15 am »
Sorry I didn't see the reply sooner, I'm between devices. I replied to your e-mail when I got it, but as a reiteration, yes you can use it. Also, I think you should make a minecraftforum thread as well for publicity's sake. Also, if you need any help with the pack, just ask; I'd be happy to help.

ALSO

For anyone who wants it, I think this a pretty good Flying Suit redo. All colors are palette compatible (read: stolen) from X-COM.

https://minecraft.net/skin/redrat9595.png

EDIT: Just had the thought. If you want, you can modify and use that skin for the villagers or whatever.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:33:26 am by redrat9595 »