Author Topic: fodders patch  (Read 4958 times)

Offline android

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
fodders patch
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:53:14 pm »
Laptop doesn't like open xcom. No start, nothing. Runs dosbox or win version, I think the problem might be f0dders patch.
It's an old xcom patch, I can't remember if it was just musfix.dll patch.dll or if anything else may remain.
I have UFO on cd but cd drives goosed.. tried extracting iso but system refusing virtural drive! User has limited control.

I've removed both libraries, replaced midi's, anything else?
I know it's only £3 online but she's reluctant to pay if it's not working.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: fodders patch
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:02:52 am »
i've never heard of fodder's patch, although i'm sure it's perfectly legal for you to download a fresh set of data if you can't access your cd. (depending on your local laws)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:32 am »
you obviously have your own UFO installation running somewhere, don't you? perhaps just try to copy the files as a whole? I've got my entire openxcom installation in my dropbox, for example... web-based download to anywhere allows me to even play at work... ;)

Offline android

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »
..so i can just copy directory to/from a pen drive? I miss the days when gaming was that easy..

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:13:22 pm »
make sure that your user directory is inside the game directory. see the ufopaedia for that: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installing_(OpenXcom)#Data_Folder

and yes, you can. pretty, isn't it? :) the nice thing about dropbox is that I can play openxcom on my laptop, and later continue the game on my PC and so on...

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 05:36:35 pm »
i've never heard of fodder's patch, although i'm sure it's perfectly legal for you to download a fresh set of data if you can't access your cd. (depending on your local laws)
Fodders patch is a custom EXE that makes the UFO Windows version run on modern computers (it's even still included in the Steam version). It shouldn't affect OpenXcom though...