aliens

Author Topic: Ufopaedia development  (Read 31115 times)

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Ufopaedia development
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 12:44:41 pm »
I'm currently working on Craft weapons, but there I must make some changes to the TextList class.

Maybe changes to widgets / engine etc should be made in seperate commits - that way you could create pull requests for them immediatelly, so they would be merged sooner?

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »
Craft weapons are done already, and I filed a pull request. This is easy for me, but merging it into the master takes work...
I will try to make separate commits for widgets/engine changes in the future.

I also discovered, that there are weapon descriptions available in the text resources, but they were not shown in the original Ufopaedia!  Forgotten obviously :)
What do you think, should we put them into OpenXCom? I would move the stats a little to the bottom and insert the description text above it.

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 10:16:35 am »
Any progress with ufopaedia development?

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 01:18:14 am »
Hi,

in an attempt to unify my online existences - and because SupSuper didn't approve my MacOsX additions into the master branch :) - I now did a new fork with better OsX separation.

So far I'm up and running again, so I will tackle the next article types soon.
There only seems to be a problem with the YAML dependency, "YAML::BeginDoc is undefined" and I didn't find a current framework for XCode.

I can ignore this for now to continue, but marabus, can you please help me out here?

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 03:45:51 am »
Ah well, I couldn't resist and wanted to show some progress... :)

Here I give you the first UFO article. Of course, since it uses the RuleUfo class and all images are the same size, it is only a matter of defining the other articles to put them to work. Hence, another Ufopaedia section is available.  ;D

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Thanks for your update. This photo seems near perfect!

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 06:30:09 pm »
Thanks, hsbckb!

Today I worked on the BaseFacilities article and already got the text parts. Putting the preview image together is another story here (hangars being larger, backgrounds separate from foreground sprites, etc.) :)
But it's already been done in BaseView, so it should be possible soon.

I did a quick overview on what's to do next to reach Milestone 2:
1.) improve text formatting (numbers, paragraphs, ...)
2.) HWP (Tanks) article -> there is currently no Ruleset defined
3.) Weapons (Guns, Blasters, etc.) article -> this is going to be heavy with all kinds of ammo stats and stuff :-\

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, 03:06:05 pm »
Good work :) I hope SupSuper will soon be active again and will merge your changes.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 06:54:55 pm »
Looking good! You will probably run into a bunch of "holes" since the Ruleset is not finished and you're kinda outpacing the project, this is why I left UFOpaedia for last. :P

Hi,

in an attempt to unify my online existences - and because SupSuper didn't approve my MacOsX additions into the master branch :) - I now did a new fork with better OsX separation.

So far I'm up and running again, so I will tackle the next article types soon.
There only seems to be a problem with the YAML dependency, "YAML::BeginDoc is undefined" and I didn't find a current framework for XCode.

I can ignore this for now to continue, but marabus, can you please help me out here?

You need yaml-cpp 0.2.6, though if you're not using the load/save functionality you can probably just comment out those lines with little issue.

Good work :) I hope SupSuper will soon be active again and will merge your changes.

I haven't received any merge requests yet. :P

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 10:46:06 pm »
Hey SupSuper! Good to hear from you again.

I already issued a pull request, that is the easiest part. :)

You need yaml-cpp 0.2.6, though if you're not using the load/save functionality you can probably just comment out those lines with little issue.
That's exactly what i did, and this change is simply not staged in git. Works like a charm for now. If the need arises, I will have to update YAML.

Don't worry about me outpacing someone. You did a fabulous job defining the rules! I'm already looking in the item definitions and it's all there already!! HWPs Rule is the only thing missing. And if it is of help, I can create that myself...

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 12:47:50 am »
Hey,

weapon articles are now available, see screenshots.  ;D
Thanks to Daiky, I could rip off the code for loading the correct image.

As you can see, the article is already changed in layout for different kinds of items (firearms with shot stats, grenades with damage only).
Notice, that Auto-Shot is not yet defined in the Rulesets for Pistol and HC, so it is not displayed.
And maybe you notice, that there is no incendiary ammo for HC. This is due to the fact, that in my setup, I haven't yet researched this ammo type. :) So this is also functional, since later you have to research Plasma weapons and clips seperately.

The display of the ammo image of the HC is not right yet, but otherwise, I'm quite happy with it. So, only two more article types to go - armor (which i nearly forgot :o) and HWP tanks.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:04 pm »

btw i tried to compile openxcom under MinGW using
https://openxcom.ninex.info/download/misc/openxcom-deps-win32-mingw.zip
but i got this error too in yaml, this mean this "deps" are outdated.

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 12:43:32 am »
I started a bit on the Armor article, but I hope to be able to snatch the image display part from the soldier equip screen, when it's available...

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 04:07:53 pm »
Daiky has merged ufopaedia changes. There's new git build for anyone who would like to see them in action.

Offline panther

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 10:59:00 pm »
Cool, thanks Daiky!  8)
I'll do the HWP screen next so I can reach my milestone II...