Author Topic: Limitations of new Facilities?  (Read 5462 times)

Offline Fat_Pokemon

• Sergeant
  • Blocking the road.
    • View Profile
Limitations of new Facilities?
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:22:00 pm »
I was wondering on how one would go with the creation of a custom facility of sorts.

I was interested in making a medi-bay style facility that would reduce recovery times by half.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Limitations of new Facilities?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:22 pm »
1)Learn Mapview, PCKVIEW and MCDadd
2) Create any custom battlescape files and create NEW MCD so you can add them to end of game, call it something like XBASE3.MCD
3)Check LOFT/item  data is acceptable ( to minmise work, use similar types of items to CLONE from when using MCDADD , EXAMPLE : if i am building a new tree , i don't want to clone  the Petrol Pump using MCDadd and just replace the graphic because the LOFT shape will be very wrong and the tree will explode if shot)
4) Create Geoscape Graphic
5) Ask Warboy to add any necessary code  :P

I always wanted a Advanced medical area and planned on adding the alien Clone tanks i created into it to also allow cloning of dead solders , android or Human/ Alien experiments to take place.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:33:36 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 09:43:08 am »
Warboy, i know you like a challenge , i have a new MOD idea that i am sure will cause you several problems -  I wish to turn those unused UFO designs into Alien MEGA-CITIES, each UFO would be a different building "Type" that can be landed anywhere on earth , to form a "Stronghold" on earth to Clone more Aliens , Build new unit , defend critical areas ( above traditional underground base). Each additional Modules( UFO) will fly in and Land to add more to the Alien stronghold and start the next phase of there conquest.

I also need a new Alien Fighters craft , not sure what this will look like yet, it needs to be small, only 2 crew , strong and fast.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 11:39:56 am »
ooh, pyramids as alien buildings? I like that! so you would have something like an above-ground alien base? sounds like something that could be implemented for countries that have been taken over by the aliens, too. :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 11:58:05 am »
ooh, pyramids as alien buildings? I like that! so you would have something like an above-ground alien base? sounds like something that could be implemented for countries that have been taken over by the aliens, too. :D
My thinking exactly :)

Fortified alien bases, Slave camps, Scientific experimentation camps, terror forming stations , etc .... All that can fly around or move when needed.

I don't have a lot of time to MOD right now, but i can still help shape others dreams here ;D
Its getting really hard to focus on my studies right now :-[
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:04:46 pm by luke83 »

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:30:44 pm »
Well, if you switched several calculations to use variables instead of using hardcoded values, it would be pretty easy to allow custom facilities to modify those variables up or down.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 01:30:55 am »
i guess i wasn't being explicit enough. each line of text in my original post was a link detailing exactly how to do this very thing.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 04:54:58 am »
I noticed  ;)