aliens

Author Topic: A do you want to start the mission prompt, too many times...  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Ardheim

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Loadout screen, OK, has additional do you want to start the mission prompt because oh god so many times I've ended up with soldiers without their intended loadouts.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: A do you want to start the mission prompt, too many times...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:47:21 pm »
I think adding a simple "Do you really want to do this"- prompt would be simple, but it might bug people. 

maybe we could instead use this to add a bit of extra functionality?

perhaps clicking "ok" here could send you to a screen where you can once again re-arrange your soldiers (like in the basescape, where you can change the order of soldiers in the transport craft)? from this screen, you would have two buttons: "start mission" and "back to inventory".

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:38:15 am »
If you press ok, it's not too late, because as long as you haven't moved an operative, you can still go back to the inventory screen to fit your small private army without losing TU. I'm just visualizing it in my head.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 10:08:26 am »
If you press ok, it's not too late, because as long as you haven't moved an operative, you can still go back to the inventory screen to fit your small private army without losing TU. I'm just visualizing it in my head.
Yeah, I like the idea that pressing the inventory screen will just take you back to the loadout if you haven't taken any action. It might be abusable if you spot an alien first thing though, is the only problem.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 10:26:12 am »
It should switch to a troop layout screen ( there position on the Craft) before entering battle that way , you have not cheated (by seeing new alien) and we get another cool & useful  screen ;)