Author Topic: More weapon graphics (Attributed Use Policy)  (Read 6685 times)

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
  • https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1266.0
    • View Profile
More weapon graphics (Attributed Use Policy)
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:25:31 pm »
One design I felt didn't get enough love was the laser pistol. So I went ahead and it's design into made alloy weapon series.
Original

Updated

UFOpedia entries.

Alloy Pistol
Alien Alloys have already proven useful in improving Earth based technologies. This alloy pistol, is faster, lighter, and easier to aim over the standard issue counterpart, all while using the same ammunition as well.

Alloy Rifle
Alien Alloys have been applied to our standard rifle as well. Along with reduced weight and improved handling, this rifle has also been fitted with a more powerful laser sight, which is typically deemed impractical for weapons this size.

Heavy Alloy
Alien Alloys have vastly redesigned the heavy cannon, making it a much more practical weapon. Because the motorized feed system has been removed entirely, a special feeding ramp is used to ensure compatibility with existing ammunition belts.

Auto-Alloy
The advantages of Alien Alloys have been applied to our Auto-Cannon weapon system, eliminating the need for multiple barrels to protect the weapon from itself. More advanced anti-recoil mechanisms have added as well.

Alloy-Launcher
Constructing the Rocket-Launcher with Alien Alloys has made it lighter than the rockets it fires.

And as a catch-all, I've have made an alternate design of the laser pistol as well.

Guess what it's based it off of.

UPDATE: Because it's highly unlikely that I'll actually code a mod for OpenXCom, you may use the graphics I've made (the Alloy Rifle, the Heavy Alloy, the Auto-Alloy, the Alloy-Launcher and the Replacement Laser Pistol) as long as you attribute me. You do not have to use or define these weapons as I have in your mod, you may say they are what you need them to be.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:53:17 am by SeanEBlog »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: More weapon graphics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:33:38 pm »
nice, I like it. your fluff-texts for Heavy and Auto appear to be a bit confused, though (the Heavy Cannon doesn't have multiple barrels), and the graphics should be a little bit more distinct, too (I had to look twice to find the actual difference between the two ;) ) - maybe change a thing or two about the shoulderstock and handle?

I like your laser pistol design, too. nerds love blue lights, right? can't wait to see your take on the laser rifle and heavy laser rifle!

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »
Very Nice work SeanEBlog , keep them coming mate:)

The new laser Pistol looks like a Retro Sci-fi gun to me, i love it, you should do a entire Range of guns in this design also , it would be very good for Modders.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 02:15:59 pm »
These are beautiful! Congratulations!!

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:40 am »
I've made changes to the alloy series based off input.

I'll have to look into making a laser weapons series, I wasn't expecting the design of the replacement laser pistol to be so popular. Because quite frankly, I just based it off the laser cannon.

Oh quick question, how hard would it be to implement dynamic inventory sprites?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 03:22:20 am by SeanEBlog »

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: More weapon graphics (Attributed Use Policy)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 10:55:23 am »
I don't like to double post without substance, but I have added an Attributed Use Policy.

Sorry for being inactive.

Offline Souljah1214

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: More weapon graphics (Attributed Use Policy)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 11:18:49 am »
cool graphics i must say... if some of the graphical artist could design (just design) a couple of more weapons.... basic weaponry (more pistols, rifles, autocannons, granedes, close combat equipment etc), then we could have a wide variety in tactical possibilities.... I personally like those new designs! Thumbs up!

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 08:08:18 pm »
I've made changes to the alloy series based off input.

I'll have to look into making a laser weapons series, I wasn't expecting the design of the replacement laser pistol to be so popular. Because quite frankly, I just based it off the laser cannon.

Oh quick question, how hard would it be to implement dynamic inventory sprites?

Its doable. Right now Im working on unit recolor that require changing inventory sprites, adding support for rest of items is in my TODO.