aliens

Author Topic: Agents Being Able To Actually Lay Prone, Is It Possible?  (Read 245 times)

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Agents Being Able To Actually Lay Prone, Is It Possible?
« on: October 19, 2024, 04:29:50 pm »
I've been playing XCOM-type games for decades now, right from the original 'Laser Squad' on an Amstrad CPC (with a 4-track tape drive!), but one thing that bugs me is that while the characters can KNEEL they can't lay PRONE.   After playing Jagged Alliance 2 and it's mods this gets even more bugging in XCOM as there are times when it would be useful, like hiding behind rocks and such or having a sniper on a roof.

Is this even possible with the Openxcom engine?

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Agents Being Able To Actually Lay Prone, Is It Possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2024, 04:47:56 pm »
No, someone would need to change code to add this, another is dedicated graphic need to display prone unit.
Even more if we even allow prone it bit useless as each time you try move unit would need get up, move to next tile and
lay down. Changing that would require even more changes to engine to support different move positions.

Offline Jimboman

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2024, 07:41:54 pm »
No, someone would need to change code to add this, another is dedicated graphic need to display prone unit.
Even more if we even allow prone it bit useless as each time you try move unit would need get up, move to next tile and
lay down. Changing that would require even more changes to engine to support different move positions.

Yea, I didn't think it was possible otherwise it would've been done already, but I had to ask :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2024, 08:34:11 pm »
Yea, I didn't think it was possible otherwise it would've been done already, but I had to ask :)

Technically, it's possible to do; but the work involved would be substantial and I don't think anyone is interested in doing it. :)