Author Topic: [OXCE] Xcom Scavengers 2.0 & Hardcore  (Read 169 times)

Offline Jot

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[OXCE] Xcom Scavengers 2.0 & Hardcore
« on: September 15, 2024, 03:48:10 pm »
Hi  :P

I have uploaded a new version of Xcom Scavengers, remade for OXCE v.7.14. And thanks to it, with some new features.

This is a link:
https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/xcom-scavengers-20-and-scavengers-hardcore

Core modifications :
1. Alien-made goods CAN NOT be produced (but some of them are very useful for building new weapons, armors, and now-thanks to OXCE features -new Base Facilities.
2. Human-made aircrafts (Interceptors and Skyrangers) have much smaller range, and air combat is more expensive.
3. Alien stats are depending on their 'job' (rank) - soldiers are much better in combat stats than others.
4. New HWPs, made thanks to Alien technologies and made from the parts of Alien robotics units.
5. Revised research tree - longer.
6. New design of Laser weapons.
7. Revised Alien races and Xcom troops starting/cap stats.
8. Some Aliens are really worth capturing alive, and some alien bodies are worth stocking in the fridge. As these can be used for building new toys.

**** These above You can already know from Xcom Scavengers 1.x ********

9. Base defence facilities (now slightly revised) made thanks to Alien technologies (Plasma Defences and Fusion Defences) reuires not only having weapon (Plasma Cannon/Fusion Missile Launcher) in stock, but also requires ammo. Honestly i doubt if anyone will ever check it, as most Commanders don't bother defence facilities at all, but i like how it works now.
10. Alien-technology based Base Facilities: Psi Lab requires 10 Alien Entertainment, Mind Shield and Grav Shield requires UFO Powers Sources and Alien Avionics.

For Scavengers Hardcore -all above, and:

11.  You CAN NOT sell any Alien-technology based goods. You can only give it for free to Xcom founders (Sell prices for any Alien technologies, living Aliens and Alien bodies are set to 0).
12. Psi is available ONLY for Aliens (Ethereals). This is not making Psi Lab obsolete, as Ethereals are adjusted so fully trained soldier with high Psi Strength and Skill can sometimes block their psi attack.

Fell free to test it  8)
Also feel free to let me know if You find some bugs/errors  :)