aliens

Author Topic: Question-please assist  (Read 1746 times)

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Question-please assist
« on: August 15, 2024, 02:08:00 am »
Hey everyone, please move this if it isn’t the right spot, I’m new on here.

But anyway Ives played Xpiratez the last 7 years updating and upgrading with each upgrade.

I’m at a point where I can’t progress further. I can’t buy or find Smuggler Negotatior, I’m late game and just beat a star god hideout so certainly not weak, I’m just missing a bunch of technology and didn’t know if there’s anyway to get the rest of it.

I’m locked out of Dr X I believe because I needed something with a sorcerer, and didn’t get it and don’t remember passing the mission where the nurses all put your gals to sleep.

So long story short, I’m trying to progress but having trouble finding anything I haven’t researched already. Is it possible to just lock yourself out of ever moving forward?

Thank you everyone!
Nick

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Question-please assist
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2024, 09:59:37 am »
Attach a .sav file

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 05:41:42 pm »
Sure, here it is

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2024, 06:32:09 pm »
That's because you're playing on lowest difficulty. Restart the game on higher difficulty, then all the tech can be unlocked. That's how this mod is designed.

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 06:38:06 pm »
I’ve been playing this for seven years. No way am I restarting. Gotta be a way to finish this one way or another.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2024, 06:46:59 pm »
To finish the game without changing your save file, what you're missing is... you need to do a Space Freighter Raid mission (15% chance per month). In this mission you need to capture a Belter. Once you research it, you'll be able to build Conqueror and go to mars.

But still, when you play on lowest difficulty, half of the game content is missing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 05:29:17 pm by Delian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2024, 08:04:00 pm »
Technically you can easily edit your save file to change difficulty... But there may be complications.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2024, 10:38:34 pm »
I’ve been playing this for seven years. No way am I restarting. Gotta be a way to finish this one way or another.

You can set aside that save, and start another in the second difficulty setting. That dificulty ALSO enable VooDoo, and honestly? It isn't so different to the first difficulty. If you're playing for seven years you'll find a VERY different early game. Give it a try

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2024, 12:54:51 am »
Thank you everyone, I think I’ll try the save on the next difficulty up. The problem is, I don’t know how to convert the sav file to the next difficulty? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Otherwise I start brand new again but that is a serious undertaking in terms of time in my life.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2024, 04:28:33 pm »
You can edit your save with something non-formatting (Notepad++ is popular) and change 'difficulty: 0' to 'difficulty: 2' or whatever you fancy. But as Solarius said, Piratez is a complex mod and a lot of the difficulty-derived things are kinda organic to the playthrough. So there can be strange occurrences (e.g. things that you've already researched cannot unlock new stuff even if it would now be possible) and the Star Gods may come and abduct you one night. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 04:30:14 pm by Juku121 »

Offline N7Kopper

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 02:21:23 am »
Technically you can easily edit your save file to change difficulty... But there may be complications.
If you're an absolutely dedicated mad lad, you can also edit the mod to enable everything to work on the lowest difficulty. Good luck! :D

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2024, 03:37:03 pm »
I’m guessing that’s not easy to do though right?

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2024, 06:08:58 pm »
You can edit your save with something non-formatting (Notepad++ is popular) and change 'difficulty: 0' to 'difficulty: 2' or whatever you fancy. But as Solarius said, Piratez is a complex mod and a lot of the difficulty-derived things are kinda organic to the playthrough. So there can be strange occurrences (e.g. things that you've already researched cannot unlock new stuff even if it would now be possible) and the Star Gods may come and abduct you one night. :)

Couldn't I manually add the mission I need to spawn?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2024, 06:25:59 pm »
I suppose you could. But how'd you know which mission, and when? There are a lot of moving parts there.

And all this wouldn't apply retroactively, so you campaign would still be different from a higher-difficulty one unless you could somehow manually replicate everything the higher difficulty does. Which is a feat at least an order of magnitude more difficult than just porting over everything to your chosen difficulty, disabling and rerunning through all research done so far, and save-modifying your roster to fit that.

Offline nickseitler

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2024, 06:41:36 pm »
Space Freighter Raid mission is what i need to get a belter. I tried dif 2 and got annihilated.