aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Item transformations for dead soldiers  (Read 542 times)

Offline Darox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Solved] Item transformations for dead soldiers
« on: July 16, 2024, 05:59:35 pm »
I made a mod where you can use a rare special item to transform a regular soldier into a super soldier. If that supersoldier dies and you recover the body, there's also an option to transform the dead soldier to get the special item back. This all works fine with the current options, but because it's assumed that the only reason you would transform a dead soldier is to resurrect them it creates some ugly issues: The soldier is completely removed from the memorial list and you can't perform the transformation if your living quarters are full.

I'd like to see some kind of `reviveDeadSoldiers: false` option for transformations (defaulting to 'true' obviously to preserve the existing functionality) that when set to false allows you to transform and consume a soldier without removing their memorial entry.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Item transformations for dead soldiers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 06:10:45 pm »
`createsClone: true` ?

Offline Darox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Item transformations for dead soldiers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 06:47:12 pm »
`createsClone: true` ?
Oh, that does prevents the soldier from being re-used in the same transformation.
My thought when seeing that option was that it would be no good because you still have the original around and could effectively farm them repeatedly, but it seems to work perfectly.

Thanks!