Author Topic: How to add folders to Ufopaedia  (Read 1336 times)

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
How to add folders to Ufopaedia
« on: July 16, 2024, 05:16:14 pm »
Hi there

I´m trying to modify folders of ufopaedia but I don´t know how to add or remove folders that are present in game ? Can anyone please tell me how to do it ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: How to add folders to Ufopaedia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 06:29:16 pm »
Folder creating automatically, by listing all "section" present. So if you write new text string in "section:", there will be new folder.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2024, 04:29:11 pm »
Folder creating automatically, by listing all "section" present. So if you write new text string in "section:", there will be new folder.

Thanks and sorry for my lack of manners in forgetting to thank you sooner.

By the way, would you know how to change background screen in main menu and options menu ?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 02:32:03 am »
New backgrounds must be defined as BACK01.SCR-BACK17.SCR in your etrasprites. You can look at each of these "back" in ufopaedia site.

Offline coorta88

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2024, 04:48:20 pm »
New backgrounds must be defined as BACK01.SCR-BACK17.SCR in your etrasprites. You can look at each of these "back" in ufopaedia site.

Thanks, but since my knowledge about X-com modding is quite limited, I will need help.

In original X-com terror from the Deep and Ufo Enemy Unknown SCR files named BACK01.SCR to BACK17.SCR are located in Geograph file. Not sure how to open them or do with them anything.

In your Mod XCHR I found BACK01, BACK_undead etc.. as png files in Resources/UI folder - these files are I guess backgrounds but how do you force game to use them ? As checking vars.rul I found only

hiddenMovementBackgrounds:
  - BACK_INTRUDER
  - TAC00.SCR

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2024, 02:28:38 am »
Main feature of oxc scripts - they consider all variable names as strings. So you must redefine string "back0x.scr" with your own internal picture. Like this:
Code: [Select]
extraSprites:
  - typeSingle: BACK09.SCR #ufopedia facilities background
    fileSingle: Resources/UI/UP_BORD2.png