aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Reaction fire camera  (Read 583 times)

Offline (____o____)

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Reaction fire camera
« on: June 27, 2024, 10:44:40 pm »
I'm sure this has been suggested before because it drives me crazy.

Is there any way to refine or add consistency to where the "camera" goes when it shows reaction fire during the enemy movement phase?

Sometimes the camera will focus on a map position and the reaction fire will be happening off-camera. It's like it's trying to show us the path the reaction fire is taking, who it's going towards, and trying to make a compromise between the two.

I'm not really sure what the solution would be but it seems like part of the original game that never quite got refined.

Maybe even having some levels of customization for how enemy phase movement and fire is displayed. I could imagine a menu that lets you add pauses to before and after displayed movement to properly process it, visually. Or maybe having enemy turnivements need a mouseclick from the player before going to the next one.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Reaction fire camera
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 11:18:08 pm »
Some avoid many of these problems with a vapor trails mod; using it the shots linger for a while. Check it out if you haven't already, for example: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=9565.0

Offline (____o____)

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Reaction fire camera
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 06:12:03 am »
Oh yes. I use those and they help a great deal.

But the camera motion is still clunky and feels amateurish.