Author Topic: Looking for OpenXCom 7.12.5 build for Linux, or source  (Read 806 times)

Offline Shadou

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Looking for OpenXCom 7.12.5 build for Linux, or source
« on: June 24, 2024, 02:55:34 am »
I'm finding this mod impossible to set up for Linux, and wondering if anyone here would be able to help.

The mod author has not compiled a Linux build for the current version of the game. And since we're months from the release at this point, I'm going to assume that the mod author has no intention of compiling a Linux release. The XPiratez mod shouldn't be too hard for me to drop into a 7.12.5 linux build of OpenXCom... the problem is I can't find one.

At this point, I don't know what the 7.12.5 windows build of OpenXCom that's included in the XPiratez download is. Is it a custom modified version of OpenXCom by the mod author to be able to do things with XPiratez that the 7.12 build can't? If so, then I'm going to have to ask for access to a repository that contains the source for this modified version of OpenXCom, so that I may be able to compile a Linux build myself. Is it the state of the OpenXCom repository at the time the 7.12.5 build was made? If so, then that might make it impossible for Linux users to build the same version. There has doubtless been work on the source since the 7.12.5 pull two months ago, and there doesn't appear to be any subversion control on the repository to make it possible for us to pull a version of the source from that state.

So I have to turn to asking for help in getting the 7.12.5 build for Linux. Please help? I understand if the mod author doesn't have the resources available to make a Linux build, so all I'm asking is for the source (not even the XPiratez source, just the source for 7.12.5) so I can build it myself.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Shadou

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for OpenXCom 7.12.5 build for Linux, or source
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 10:04:24 am »
Thank you. I've been able to compile a linux version of 7.12.5, and have XPiratez working in it. And I kinda feel stupid now for not finding it in the repo myself. But to be fair, I'm really not very familiar with the way you're using Github. I'm used to seeing it used differently. Tags and releases. Anyway... thanks.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2024, 11:59:15 am »
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=7048.0

There's the linux compiling instructions. I have to update that way, and it works

Check the "2. Building on Linux (tested on Kubuntu 18.04)", there's a step by step tutorial.

Offline Shadou

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2024, 07:01:51 pm »
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=7048.0

There's the linux compiling instructions. I have to update that way, and it works

Check the "2. Building on Linux (tested on Kubuntu 18.04)", there's a step by step tutorial.

Thanks, I guess? I did mention in the post before this that I have compiled a working linux version of 7.12.5 and have XPiratez working in it.