Author Topic: Linux version?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Shadou

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Linux version?
« on: June 20, 2024, 06:12:36 am »
Hi, just trying to install this on a Linux Mint distro. But even though it says someone is maintaining a linux version of this, there don't appear to be any linux downloads available? Or am I missing something? Can someone point me toward the linux resources for this?

Edit: Did find the Linux stuff. Have a few concerns. The main site does not have any downloads listed for Linux; I had to go into the forums to find them. The instructions on the forum post for setting up the .appimage file direct you to download a few versions out of date. The instructions are unclear about where to put the installation files; it does not explicitly inform you that you must create a UFO and TFTD folder in the folder you're downloading the appimage to, and put the installation files in there, not in the base folder the appimage is going into, and it does not create a UFO/TFTD folder when you try to run it the first time to assist in figuring that out. It took some time troubleshooting and figuring out before I could get the game running in Linux. That said, it *does* work in the latest distribution of Linux Mint, so you can probably add that to the list of distros it's known to work in.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 08:22:11 am by Shadou »

Offline Christopher129

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Linux version?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2024, 01:49:15 pm »
once I found the files, the instructions were really unclear. you need to create a UFO and TFTD folder in the same folder where you download the appimage. not in the main folder where the appimage goes. and you know what, the appimage doesn't create these folders automatically, so you have to make them manually.