Author Topic: Kills awarded for no kills - Bug or feature?  (Read 392 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Kills awarded for no kills - Bug or feature?
« on: May 27, 2024, 05:12:16 am »
I get commendations for killing enemies (eg. kill X per turn) even if I don't kill enemies immediately but also if they bleed out later. Was this intended? If so, how can I have the previous behaviour?

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Kills awarded for no kills - Bug or feature?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 12:21:17 pm »
Can you attach a save file where you're erroneously awarded the "kill X per turn" commendation?

Normally (standard OXC behavior which afaik never changed), when an enemy bleeds out, the last unit that did HP damage to this enemy gets the kill and this kill is counted on the turn the enemy dies, not earlier.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 07:03:22 pm »
Sadly I don't have a save, and my saves would be incompatible with any published XPZ version anyway as I play on my current WIP build. But I see it happening a lot, and it would be easy to replicate. I specifically mean 'X kills per turn' commendations, which previously definitely did not grant the title if the enemies didn't die during your turn. It is fine and expected that other commendations count the kill during the enemy turn as well (eg. condemnations for reaction kills etc)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 07:05:04 pm by Dioxine »

Online Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 08:15:09 pm »
Commendations with killsWithCriteriaTurn could always be awarded on any turn, yours or enemies. If you killed two enemies with reaction fire, the Ice-Cold Killer commendation would get awarded (you can download an old XPZ version and try it if you don't believe me). Something else must be the problem.

The save doesn't need to be compatible; we can manually edit it and make it compatible with any game version. Optimally, it should be right at the end of a mission, where the player only needs to press End Turn to finish.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 06:13:56 pm »
What version had this previous behavior? Can you confirm its behave diffrent?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 06:18:58 pm »
I will investigate the history and test too... but I'm afraid it was always this way as Delian says.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2024, 06:47:11 pm »
I will investigate the history and test too... but I'm afraid it was always this way as Delian says.
If this was not again "XCOM hallucination" I would blame on fix of other bug where some kills was not counted in other case where they should