Author Topic: few questions about savedgame location and lingo files and music volume  (Read 268 times)

Offline aquatoid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
options i chose
video resolution = 640x480
geoscape = 1/2 display
battlescape = 1/2 display
what does it mean by 1/2, i had a hard time getting the right one, it seemed that 1/2 was the final choice
for other choices i tried, despite of their names, HUD was either too small, or geoscape was stretched, or battlescape is too small like i have to be an ant to see it.
after this post was accepted, i found 1/2 was the best choice with 640x480. i felt ok with the display, but i am not sure about twice of MCGA resolution 320x200 that is 640x400. top screen portion was chopped off.

when i go to options then  game options then folders,
is there a way to change the savedgame location and all others to the installed game directory rather the Windows user account?
if you could show the file i need to modify, that would be great

about these other lingo files like \openxcom\common\Language\FontBig_jp.png... i tried to delete these files, it almost crashed the windows, i had to use task manager to end task, why do i need to keep the files that i dont need?

i compared openxcom music volume with the original DOS version under DOSBOX music volume,
for DOS version under DOSBOX
once in a while, eventful eerie music volume has ok and acceptable loudness
background music volume at geoscape was very low and it was ok with me or any louder, could have been bad

for openxcom
once in a while, eventful eerie music volume has ok and acceptable loudness
but the background music volume at geoscape was a bit louder than the original
did you by any chance MOD and amplify the original background music?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 01:17:28 pm by aquatoid »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
what does it mean by 1/2

"1/2 display" = 2x zoom

is there a way to change the savedgame location and all others to the installed game directory rather the Windows user account?

when installing the game, select the option "portable installation"

about these other lingo files like \openxcom\common\Language\FontBig_jp.png... i tried to delete these files, it almost crashed the windows, i had to use task manager to end task, why do i need to keep the files that i dont need?

sorry, but just because you think they are not needed, doesn't make it true

Offline aquatoid

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
>FontBig_jp.png.
i always delete other language packs to save space and the number of files... usually maybe 10 giga bytes and 15000 files per game series. it became a habit of mine. it was no big deal

>portable installation
thanks it worked very well.

with hotkey support, this remake is really really good.
hope to have one more hotkey something like ALT+Q for a quickexit without being prompted

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
10 GB? ???