aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Right-click inventory item for UFOpaedia on mobile  (Read 137 times)

Offline rkagerer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I'm loving OpenXcom (been playing the X-Com Files mod).  It's working surprisingly well on mobile, except there's one really important feature which isn't accessible there.  On PC, you can middle-click an inventory item to open UFOpaedia and jump directly to it.  This is really helpful when you want to quickly check the stats for different weapons, or need a reminder for what a piece of equipment does.  But I haven't figured out how to do that on mobile.  The "extra mouse button" overlays aren't available on the inventory screen.

It would be awesome if you could long-tap an item in the inventory screen to bring up the corresponding UFOpaedia article.  Right now it's a real pain as you have to open UFOpaedia and scroll through the giant list of researched items to find the one you're interested in (which is huge for a mod like X-Com Files).

Long tap on mobile translates to right-click.  I realize that's already utilized to 1) cancel moving an item held by the cursor, 2) quickly equip/unequip an item (moving it between the ground and the soldier), and 3) in the pre-battle screen, to prime/unprime items (like grenades).

Could I suggest an option be created to make the right-click behavior in the inventory screen jump to the UFOpaedia article for the item clicked (unless you're in pre-battle and are clicking on a primeable item)?

On mobile #2 is useless (long-tap takes longer than just picking up the item normally), and the way I've laid out the feature request this wouldn't impact #1 or #3.

Open to suggestions if you have a better implementation.