aliens

Author Topic: Progress stuck, help needed  (Read 667 times)

Offline CheeseGod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Progress stuck, help needed
« on: April 27, 2024, 04:28:15 pm »
Hello, I`ve been playing xcom files for a while and got stuck. I`ve finished (or it seems finished) all factions arcs, R`lyeh arc, MiB arc and cyberweb arc. Feels only like ghosts and original aliens arcs left.
But now I have nothing to do. No saucers, no events. Very rarely I got some random events of former factions. Research tree says I`m on 85% and have no discovered topics. I`ve checked wiki and it says that I need high-tier ethereals, but I dont know where to find them. I`m using scouting plane to find bases, did find some, but now there is nothing to find. Also, wiki said that I need some underground mission about pharaoh-king, can`t get it too. What should I do?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Progress stuck, help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 05:57:15 pm »
Hello, I`ve been playing xcom files for a while and got stuck. I`ve finished (or it seems finished) all factions arcs, R`lyeh arc, MiB arc and cyberweb arc. Feels only like ghosts and original aliens arcs left.

But now I have nothing to do. No saucers, no events. Very rarely I got some random events of former factions. Research tree says I`m on 85% and have no discovered topics. I`ve checked wiki and it says that I need high-tier ethereals, but I dont know where to find them. I`m using scouting plane to find bases, did find some, but now there is nothing to find. Also, wiki said that I need some underground mission about pharaoh-king, can`t get it too. What should I do?

Once you have researched MIB commander, there is 33 % monthly chance of Ethereal retaliation missions against your bases, which provides an opportunity to capture Ethereal commander if you take the right steps. Stone Lake made a detailed writeup here half a year ago on how to proceed with that. That will get you started on the end game (MIB lunar base etc.) The rest of the game should be straightforward (orbital station, more moon missions, etc.)

Completing the pharaoh arc is optional. You've likely missed some live captures. I'd suggest checking wiki/rulesets to figure out which dependencies you're missing.

Offline CheeseGod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 10:30:49 am »
I already destroyed MiB lunar base. No retaliation missions. Just very rare sectoid saucers.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 10:40:56 am »
I already destroyed MiB lunar base. No retaliation missions. Just very rare sectoid saucers.

On this mission you (hopefully) got the MiB Master Log. Research it to progress.

If you don't have it, well, you need to replay the Moon mission with MiB.

Offline CheeseGod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 11:38:14 am »
Yes, I've already researched this log, but still

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 11:16:23 pm »
OK, so assuming you also have the Hyper-Wave Decoder researched, you should just wait for the new mission to spawn. 50% chance per month.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 06:41:45 am »
OK, so assuming you also have the Hyper-Wave Decoder researched, you should just wait for the new mission to spawn. 50% chance per month.

By the way, shouldn't that chance be increased? Given that the game is otherwise already done, having to wait multiple months could be a PITA. There's still 12.5 % chance that you'll need to wait at least more than three months, so a longer wait would not be unheard of. If you'd prefer not to make this 100 %, I'd suggest at least 75 or 80 %.

Offline CheeseGod

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 10:12:38 am »
Not sure how much time passed, but it feels like more than 3 month. And I`m shooting down every single craft. It`s 25% vaspite, 25% sectoid, 25% aquatoid, 25% MiB

Offline norpan83

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2024, 11:48:29 am »
It's fairly easy to change the spawn chance yourself, if you dont want to wait for luck, (or get tired of the ludicrous amount of ghost missions)

in the file XComFiles\Ruleset\missionScripts_XCOMFILES.rul
row 10782 you will see:
  - type: alienOrbitalStation
    firstMonth: 0
    executionOdds: 50
    missionWeights:
      0:
        STR_USTATION: 100
    regionWeights:
      0:
       REGION_USTATION: 100
    researchTriggers:
      STR_HYPER_WAVE_DECODER: true
      STR_ALIEN_ORBITAL: true
      STR_ALIEN_BRAIN_AUTOPSY: false
    useTable: false
    startDelay: 30
    randomDelay: 43500

change executionOdds: 50 to executionOdds: 100 and the mission will spawn next month

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 04:12:04 pm »
OK, I increased the chances to 90%. Why not 100%? Because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Attached the relevant file. Or you can get the whole unreleased mod version from GitHub, as it has a few fixes which have not been published yet.