Author Topic: How often you lose everything you had on craft  (Read 331 times)

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
How often you lose everything you had on craft
« on: March 29, 2024, 01:33:24 am »
In the last 9 missions i got hit by rockets and explosives so often that i lost 4 times everything i had on my craft. That includes ancient katana and other unique stuff plus over 4 times 80+ of tritanium ammo and im getting a little mad about it since im out of it. How often you lose stuff on the craft due to explosions and how do you cope with it?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: How often you lose everything you had on craft
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 02:32:55 am »
Me personally, F9. :P I have ten thousand things in the pile, no way am I reacquiring all that.

The more hardcore players use Ctrl+Alt+X while in base equip screen (the one with paperdolls, not the craft equipment list) to prune their equipment to bare necessities. Or some intermediate variant, taking only a minimum of extra ammo/supplies.

One can also move the pile to the back of the craft with 'craftInventoryTile'. For crafts that have a back, that is.

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 07:33:33 am »
Due to explosions - rarely, but it happens. More often I lose the craft altogether, lol. It's a very annoying feeling, but in practice no amount of stuff is comparable to losing even one vet time-wise, so... I just load craft loadout, and it rebuys most of the stuff I need. Unique stuff is not worth sweating over either - I mean, why would one hold incredibly useful things in a pile?

Offline HinterDemGlas

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 12:32:08 pm »
I use the alternative equipment option of OXCE, meaning the only stuff on my crafts is the stuff my agents use, and some extra grenades healing items and generic magazines (and some "rare problem solvers" like a couple RPGs and the Tazer Cannon). So I usually only lose those! But I haven't lost an entire craft since the HMMV days. I have no qualms about aborting, and leaving a panicking agent behind

EDIT: Alternate Craft Equipment Management. It's nice for roleplaying and specializing your agents too, but you will have to configure the crew and equipment in base before sending them on their mission, instead of last-minute.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 12:42:33 pm by HinterDemGlas »

Offline Nonenone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2024, 03:11:16 am »
I use the alternative equipment option of OXCE, meaning the only stuff on my crafts is the stuff my agents use, and some extra grenades healing items and generic magazines (and some "rare problem solvers" like a couple RPGs and the Tazer Cannon). So I usually only lose those! But I haven't lost an entire craft since the HMMV days. I have no qualms about aborting, and leaving a panicking agent behind

EDIT: Alternate Craft Equipment Management. It's nice for roleplaying and specializing your agents too, but you will have to configure the crew and equipment in base before sending them on their mission, instead of last-minute.

Could you tell me how did you set their equipment before mission? I have no idea how to give them stuff before mission and i want to try your way

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 10:25:36 am »
Base -> Equip craft -> Equipment -> Inventory.

For the craft-less version: Agents -> press 'I'.