aliens

Author Topic: [Submod] Facility Expansion Pack [X-Com Files]  (Read 1292 times)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
[Submod] Facility Expansion Pack [X-Com Files]
« on: March 23, 2024, 09:23:10 pm »
Starting a new form discussion regarding this mod posted at:
https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/facility-expansion-pack-x-com-files

A place where suggestions, issues, and Q/A can be discussed; here as opposed to filling up the page at mod.io
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Latest Version v0.8.4 --> Download Below Changelog
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11878.msg162687#msg162687

=============
--==Description==--
=============

A mod pack focused on more facilities and features for X-COM Files bases with some slight changes to game progression. 

Currently Adds:
 New Facilities:
 - Garage (Size: 1x1) facility for small autos
 - 4x Hangar (Size: 3x3) "UAC Aerocraft Plant" providing (Aeroshop) for craft manufacturing
 - 3x Hangar (Size: 2x2) maximizing base space for craft management
 Tech Tree:
 - Starting Base with only Garages
 - Original Hangar requires some minimal game progression to unlock
 - All crafts that you can manufacture need (Aeroshop) facility to be manufactured
 Facility Modifications:
 - Some base facilities (Original & X-Com Files) have slight changes to features like storage capacity.

[REQUIREMENTS]
    BRUTAL 8.2 (OXCE 7.11) >=
    X-Com Files 3.2 >=
NOTE: BRUTAL-OXCE is required because currently is the only binary supporting the "unique Hangar type flag" meaning specific Hangars "garages" are restricted to hold only specific vehicles, and other Hangars are restricted to hold only other specific crafts.
    You can use the BRUTAL binary and play exactly like OXCE, just disable all the BRUTAL AI settings in the "advanced options" and then the game AI runs just like OXCE/OXC AI.

I think Maridian plans to create a "unique Hangar setting" in OXCE,
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11590.msg159607#msg159607

Once that is done the BRUTAL requirement will no longer be needed, then I'll update this mod if needs changed to match OXCE implementation.

FUNCTIONAL REPLACEMENT FOR:
    (Archive) Hanger Expansion Mod [X-Com Files]
    https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/hanger-expansion-mod-x-com-files
NOTE!
    This is a functional replacement for Hanger Expansion Mod [X-Com Files], but not a drop in replacement.
    Meaning that the internal definitions and variable names are different.
    DO NOT delete old mod - Hanger Expansion Mod [X-Com Files] mod mid-game it will break your game.
      - If you have a game already started with the OLD mod
         -- You need to KEEP the old mod to prevent braking your game
         -- BUT You can add this mod to pre-existing game having both but - NOT Recommended - others have reported conflicts using both mods
                                                                                                          - https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=11878.msg162861#msg162861
    OR you can start a new game with only the new mod (RECOMMENDED)
A comparison between the to mods
    Detailed comparison between the old mod and this one can be found here:
    https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,11029.msg162018.html#msg162018
    https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4595.msg162041.html#msg162041

[GOALS]

Goal 1: (100%)
    Replace the outdated Hanager Expansion Mod I made a while back with a more balanced and less of a CHEAT mod.
    This mod is compatible with the old Hangar Expansion Pack if you want to use both, I just wouldn't.
    Recommend starting a new game, but not necessary, you can just add this mod and continue game play.

Goal2: (100%)
    Update the Hangar facilities
    - Improve Graphics, (no downsampling, all pixel art done by hand)
    - More balanced, (not a cheat, but an actual balanced game play addition)
    - Better functionality

Goal3: (95%)
    Better balance the mod with X-Com Files, add some new features and restrictions to the research tree (Try it out... and if you must know, read the rul files) =D
    - Start with Only 2x Garages and minimal facilities in the spirit of X-Com Files beginnings.
    - Some Agency Advancements needed before getting more dedicated Storage, Living Space, Hangars, etc.
    - Additional future Agency Advancements before getting large storage and living spaces.
    - Manufactured crafts need special Aerocraft facility (provides 4x hangars in a 3x3 space)
    - Additional Advanced 3x Hangar in a 2x2 space.

Goal4: (~15%)
    Continue to add additional facilities that enable advancement in new and unique ways. 
    - Some ideas I have, Gym only for physical stat improvement, lap pool for underwater stamina improvement, firing rage for accuracy improvement.  New facility mechanics, such as a quantum dimensional storage portal network, each base having this facility has linked storage spaces and no cost to transfer between bases both having this facility.  Other ideas for new facility mechanics, such as specific facilities having positive and negative properties, such as increased alien detection for retaliation on specific labs or workshops, etc.

I'm hoping to continue to add new base facilities that give new and unique capabilities while keeping them balanced with the game and storyline. 

- A lot To Be Decided....

But I welcome any suggestions.... whether or not I'll be able to or decide to implement them is another thing. :)

[TODO]
- Test thoroughly base retaliation, (access-lift view works with out any issues with all added facilities)
- Make new battlescape maps for all new facilities (I haven't learned how to make my own battlesape maps yet.)
  -- Update 4x areospace hangar, i'd think it would look better more like the inside of the durathread facility
  -- Update 3x hangar to have a slightly opened landing pad with one level down paths in the opening, and change color and feel of the facility (currently it just copying the basecape of the original hangar)
- update ufopedia pages for all facilities to show provided functions, storage, etc. on the ufopedia pages.

[HELP REQUESTS]
Welcomed support:
- battlescape / basescape creation for all new added facilities.

[CREDITS]
Flaubert:
    (used his garage mod for initial progression in research and base starting facilities) Thank you!
    https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=113608
    https://github.com/Xilmi/OpenXcom/tree/oxce-plus/Examples
Biggieboy:
    (used his base battlescape maps and orginal idea for developing my mod) Thank you!
    https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/building-mod-pack
    https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2846

[CHANGELOG]
- v0.8.4 Hot Fix
    Fixed values for hawkeye, can now assign pilots correctly for flight availability.
- v0.8.3
    Facility research adjustments:
    - Significantly lowered the research requirements to get access to the 4x Hangar Aeroshop from "UAC Outsourcing" to "UAC: Contact"
      -- This was a mistake, it wasn't intended to be so far down the research path.
      -- Added additional UFOPedia info making it clearer hinting on what to lookout for in researching towards aeroshop
    Craft research adjustments:
    - Updated the list order of some of the crafts in the udopedia
    - Added Kitsune research requirement for Sentinel and Ironfist
    - Added Scramjet research requirement for UFO Propulsion
    Craft tweaks:
    - Made the Hawkeye craft a more normal earth tech plane, no alien tech required, purchasable not manufactured, and only a radar craft, no transport.
    - Increased fly time duration for both radar crafts
- v0.8.2
    Updated the constants setting to enable 3x3 facilities view in the UFOPedia for X-Com Files 3.2
    (this will likely be a default setting in the next release of X-Com Files)
- v0.8.1 Hot Fix
    Added missing terrain files, can now enter base battlescape view without crashing
    Fix missing silhouette for Hanger x3 when waiting on buildtime
- v0.8.0 Initial Release

Version Colors Legend:
  (Color code only represent compatibility to previous mod version)
- Drop In Replacement (NOT Game Breaking) Does not affect current / ongoing game, minor graphics, values etc.
- Drop In Replacement (NOT Game Breaking) New additions, minor changes in research game dynamics, graphics, values etc.
- New Game Required (Game Breaking) Significant changes that removed definitions or values (requiring a new game start) OR (keep old mod version). I haven't made any changes like this yet.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 05:02:30 pm by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Re: [Submod] Facility Expansion Pack [X-Com Files]
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 09:27:58 pm »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DOWNLOAD]
mod.io is UP!, so posting file of current updated mod version for download here:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 02:18:33 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2024, 10:19:56 pm »
Version v0.8 issues fixed in v0.81

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posts moved from mod.io~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ultrakiroxei
Feb 20, 2024
3 replies
I ran the test and found this: FileRecord:at(TERRAIN/XBASE3.MCD) request file not found. Its from the garage map set.

0xebjc
TEAM MEMBER
Feb 20, 2024
Just posted fix, new release v0.8.1
- Added missing TERRAIN files
- Fixed missing buildtime Silhouette

Scavenger_01
Feb 20, 2024
1 reply
Stumbled upon the same issue which can be easily solved, since there is no XBASE3.MCD in any directory, in
- terrains_facilitypack_XCF.rul
add a hashtag # to line 8 - disabling calling nonexistent XBASE3 mapfile
This works fine and solved the problem.
However, there is another thing - in base preview, double left click Access Lift, I can't use the ladder in garage's maptile to climb up to the platform upon it. In Mudranger preview there is no such issue.

Ultrakiroxei
Feb 20, 2024
(Update) Check the Loft Numbers and Overhead with the Scan G. You might want to add or modify them. This might be the cause of the issue.
(Update) Try modifying the floor tiles or add a new tile instead.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:19:18 am »
Clarity added to mod page description for (Aeroshop), added TODO for adding more details in research tree progress.

Varajo411
Mar 23, 2024
2 replies
I get why I need advanced robotics to get virtualized HQ and hence get the ai core services to have advanced intelligence centre.

But how do I get aerospace services? (Aeroshop) Been looking through files and can not find it. I need it to repair the kitsune aircraft

0xebjc
Mar 23, 2024
1 reply
"UAC Aerocraft Plant (4x Hangar)" provides those (Aeroshop) services...

Please let me know if I need to make that more clearly in the UFOpedia? or elsewhere?

Varajo411
Mar 23, 2024
thanks for the quick reply, yeah I just found out by looking at ufopedia in the quick battle scenarios and finding UAC Aerocraft Plant (4x Hangar) research and looking at info about it.

as for making things more clearly I do not know honestly how you would go about it

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:34:46 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 01:25:09 am »
Added explanation to mod description why BRUTAL-AI is required

Varajo411
Mar 9, 2024
1 reply
Is brutal oxce really necessary to play this mod?

0xebjc
Mar 20, 2024
Yes, please see Requirements NOTE in description.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 01:33:51 am »
Added in description about new mod being a functional mod with detail on both old and new mods mod.io pages. (DO NOT DELETE old mod mid-game - game breaking action).

Hadan_P
Feb 28, 2024
2 replies
I am sure this has been answered somewhere, but i cant find it:
What happens when I switch from the old to this new mod in an ongiong campain which is in the early game (just got the Humvee), but has baes with hangars already built?

0xebjc
Mar 23, 2024
Please see Requirements NOTE in description about this being a 'functional' replacement.

Hadan_P
Feb 29, 2024
I backed up my safe and gave it a try:
- both hangars are still there
- the hangar housing the helicopter looks normal, as is the mouse-over
- the hangar housing the humvee looks empty, the mouseover shows no vehicle
- i cant delete the seemingly empty hangar because it says its in use
- the craft menue shows both vehicles
- facility menue shows the hangar and the garage
- the research for the general building is gone

« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:36:08 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 01:41:10 am »
GOALS section moved to forms, and feedback from mod.io on future ideas moved to forms.

Ultrakiroxei
Feb 20, 2024
1 reply
Adding Large Garage filled with 8 Vehicles in a 2x2. And QD Storage Portal Network is quite a excellent idea.

0xebjc
Mar 23, 2024
:)

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 01:34:19 pm »
sorry for delay, here the screenshots

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2024, 05:39:18 am »
Reuged
Mar 7, 2024
3 replies
need fix, it completely broke the base walls when access the base map

0xebjc
Mar 23, 2024
2 replies
please elaborate, what specific base facility is causing the problem, did you load this mod mid game? and did you remove any mods mid game?  (This is a functional replacement for the other Hangar Expansion Mod, BUT NOT a drop in, removing the other mod mid game will brake your game.)

If you deleted the old mod, Hanger Expansion Mod [X-Com Files], mid game, you should add it back in while keeping this mod if it's been added.  See updated NOTE: at top of description.

Can you provide game save and list of all mods you are using... and I could look at it.

I just checked the base battlescape with each added facility from this mod and did not have any issues.

Also, if you could please post your issues and questions on the forms link provided in the description, I'd appreciate it, and will be easier to have a more lengthy discussion. thanks!

Reuged
Mar 25, 2024
1 reply
nothing that makes the game crash but some base modules like the prison, animal pen, and the gym as far i could verify is missing some walls and glitching the path finding at basescape if there some place to show the screenshots

0xebjc
Mar 26, 2024
You can post screenshots as uploaded files on the forms link provided above.

No worries :) 
I don't think this is an issues with the this mod, but I can help you look into it.

If you could (send the following things --> attach them on a new post), it would really help in testing.
- A screenshot of your base layout
- Save file
- List of mods you are currently using (your save file will probably have this)

Questions:
1.) Have you manually modified any of the mods you are using?
2.) Have you deleted any mods from you game since starting it, to include the "(Archive) Hangar Expansion Pack Mod" the old mod
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 03:22:02 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2024, 05:55:42 am »

Since I'm not experiencing these issues and I've tested with all the facilities this mod adds in combination with x-com files and the base game here are my thoughts on what might be causing it.

1.) Deleting a mod from the game after starting
     - If you did delete other mods, then test with a new game.
2.) Another mod has facilities that is causing the problem
     - Do you have any other mods that add facilities other than this mod and X-Com Files? Test a new game without those mods.
3.) Corrupt (Original DOS) files:
     - Have you verified that the original base game without or with only X-Com Files doesn't have this issue?

Offline Reuged

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 12:29:50 am »
ops it looks like i was using two similar mods at same time  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P keep the great work pal

Offline varajo411

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 03:59:19 pm »
The UAC 4x hangar has 50 storage and when I was attacked in battlescape much of my precious items were scattered all over the ground in the hangar. after the battle I lost quite valuabe items. is this intentional to have the game this way?

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2024, 04:51:14 am »
is this intentional to have the game this way?
Same holds true for regular hangar

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2024, 11:30:06 pm »
The UAC 4x hangar has 50 storage and when I was attacked in battlescape much of my precious items were scattered all over the ground in the hangar. after the battle I lost quite valuabe items. is this intentional to have the game this way?

Same holds true for regular hangar

True, I did not update any base hangar logic and am relying on how it works for regular hangars.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2024, 12:06:32 am »
after the battle I lost quite valuabe items.

Were the items destroyed? by grenades, explosions, fire, etc? or just because they were left on the ground they were removed/deleted after the battle? and did you win the battle?

I think loosing a battle you don't retain any of the items on the ground in any battlescape scenario.