Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] Option to Define UFO Landing or Crashed Status in Mission Generator  (Read 230 times)

Online blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
(TL;DR): Is it possible to add an option to manually decide whether a UFO is intact (landing assault) or damaged (crash landing) in the mission generator?

Hi, first off, thank you for your hard work on the game. I'm wondering if it's feasible to introduce a checkbox or slider that allows players to define whether an UFO is intact (simulating a landing assault mission) or damaged (simulating a crash landing site). In my ideal scenario, this slider would function similarly to the light/illumination level meter, located in the space below the map swapping dropdown button. It could range from pristine/intact on the left to almost annihilated/obliterated on the right.

The reason I'm suggesting this is twofold: firstly, it would give players greater control over the type of mission they want to play. Secondly, it's personally beneficial to me as I'm currently trying to compile a spreadsheet detailing the average amount of materials recovered from UFO missions. However, the high degree of randomness involved, combined with the variability in UFO layouts and the need for multiple reloads to ensure only intact UFOs are encountered (even when using debug features), is causing a significant waste of time :( .

Is this feature possible to implement? .

Thanks once again for your efforts, and I'll patiently await your response.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
(TL;DR): Is it possible to add an option to manually decide whether a UFO is intact (landing assault) or damaged (crash landing) in the mission generator?

Yes, but I don't know where to put it.

... located in the space below the map swapping dropdown button.

That space is already occupied by the TFTD "depth" slider, or by the UFO "globe texture" dropdownbox, or sometimes even both.

Online blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Do you mean this:

https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=UFO_Recovery_Values

Thank you for the suggestion, it's certainly helpful. However, my mod completely overhauls the UFOs, introducing numerous layout variants and significant deviations from vanilla parameters like dozens of extra walls and props. Nevertheless, I appreciate your input.

Yes, but I don't know where to put it.

That space is already occupied by the TFTD "depth" slider, or by the UFO "globe texture" dropdownbox, or sometimes even both.

OH RIGHT, i totally forgot about TFTD. Yeah, scratch that, well, im glad to know this is the bucket list of stuff that might appear.

I'll keep finding my way with RNGesus for now. Thanks for your answer, really appreciated.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Is it then possible to make two items to choose from in the list of missions for each UFO?  One for a UFO that landed safely, and the other for an emergency landing - with "(crash)" attached to the name.  Then the player will simply choose which option he needs.