Author Topic: Is there a way to disable the OXC/OXCE/OTHER-filter in advanced options/hotkeys?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Having these filters to only show options depending on what fork they were added has its advantages but I guess at least some people don't really care what fork an option is from and just want them all at once.

I think especially with the hotkeys it would be easier to avoid weird effects/duplicates if the menu wasn't force-filtered by fork.

This was first asked here:

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,11659.msg161331.html#msg161331

I thought before I mess around with this myself and risk further difficult merge-procedures, I'd ask here first.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Hmm, I personally don't see any advantage in having them together.

If there are more players who need them together (minimum 5), I'll do it (hesitantly)... otherwise, I have little to no motivation in going back to (in my opinion) inferior solution.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
I personally don't see any advantage in having them together.
I change advanced-options often and I got really used to the old way. So the first few times after the change I scrolled down to where my options were only to realize: "Oh right, they are no longer here. I now have to click that button on the top too."

For the hotkeys in particular, it helps a lot if they are all on the same page so you have a quick overview what keys are already in use.

These are the advantages I can see to not filter.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
OK, fair enough.

It's a brand new feature, let's see how the users react.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Thanks Xilmi!

I personally really like the break out in advanced options and controls between OXC, OXCE, and BOXCE specific settings.

I can more easily filter and identify the BRUTAL AI settings and what's dependent on them and what's not.  It also lets me see what's provided between each, OXC, OXCE, and BOXCE.

Regarding identifying if there are key assignments that conflict. Sometimes I want the same key for two options and many times not.  I've seen in some games the key combinations menu will highlight red or another color the key assigned when two hotkeys are assigned to the same key.

Something like this in OXCE to show conflicting assignments would be a nice touch. Where conflicts would be highlighted across oxc, oxce, and boxce, and for each section, i.e. both assignments in battlescape but not across sections like between battlescape and geoscape because that wouldn't be a conflict.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 10:26:15 pm by 0xEBJC »