Author Topic: Zombie plot stuck  (Read 497 times)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Zombie plot stuck
« on: January 08, 2024, 11:08:04 pm »
Hi everyone,
I've got zombie plot stucked with something.
It's may 98, basic zombies, their corpses, parasite and evolution hypothesis are researched for 7-8 months already, but not yet single mission with zombie infector appeared.
What is blocking it?
Two submods are installed: natasha morozova join and more guns

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie plot stuck
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 11:34:17 pm »
Hi everyone,
I've got zombie plot stucked with something.
It's may 98, basic zombies, their corpses, parasite and evolution hypothesis are researched for 7-8 months already, but not yet single mission with zombie infector appeared.
What is blocking it?
Two submods are installed: natasha morozova join and more guns

Since month 6, you have 2*10 % chance of getting Major Zombie Infestation (ZombieInfestationMedium and ZombieInfestationMedium1). Just bad RNG I suppose. I have had something like this (with other RNG topics) many, many times.

I also never saw the infector myself until Jan 99 (or it was one of the missions I had to abort as being essentially impossible without at least osprey) in my current run. I obtained it via interrogating syndicate scientists, so you can get around this problem though it might lead to some delays in getting MAGMA lab mission and thus the TNI implant.

Offline Empiro

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 11:48:51 pm »
I've had this happen to me too. I had wait a very long time to get to Zombie Infector. I think that's the risk of low chance rolls. Even with a lot of rolls, it's quite possible for it not to come up (Using psavola's numbers, there's more than 2% chance that it never comes up in 18 months.

At least you have a good chance of getting it from the scientists, who are easy to capture.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 11:59:32 pm »
Thanks! Must be a way to go, then.