aliens

Author Topic: This is fire!  (Read 468 times)

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
This is fire!
« on: January 07, 2024, 09:45:14 pm »
There was a mission to rescue Gunt Agent. Enemy thrown some fire grande at my lunatic soldier. She still had haft HP left but she was burning. She didn't panic and there were no wounds to health but she quietly burned down to ashes. And I say those $80k ransom for Gnt Agent not worth it. What about you guys? How do you save your soldiers from burning alive?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: This is fire!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 10:17:04 pm »
i think fire should alway lead to panic only with certains armors/outfits that are sensible otally and partially to it, not in case of fireproof ones, don't know if it's already that way

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 02:52:16 am »
the Rescue Govt Agent missions have a chance to spawn a stapler as random loot. for that they're always worth doing imo.
the only foolproof way i've found to avoid burning alive is to not get hit. of course that is easier said than done, so always bring a fire extinguisher in the transport and keep smoke grenades handy. aside from the usual use, smoke/gas grenades 'overwrite' a tile's fire with smoke so they can be used to clean up after incendiary grenades. if a gal gets lit on fire i usually do one of two things; either rush the mission and try to finish before she inevitably burns, or accept that she is doomed within the next few turns and try to go out in a blaze of glory.

Offline minimen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 03:45:26 am »
the Rescue Govt Agent missions have a chance to spawn a stapler as random loot. for that they're always worth doing imo.
the only foolproof way i've found to avoid burning alive is to not get hit. of course that is easier said than done, so always bring a fire extinguisher in the transport and keep smoke grenades handy. aside from the usual use, smoke/gas grenades 'overwrite' a tile's fire with smoke so they can be used to clean up after incendiary grenades. if a gal gets lit on fire i usually do one of two things; either rush the mission and try to finish before she inevitably burns, or accept that she is doomed within the next few turns and try to go out in a blaze of glory.
Thank you for sharing those tactical insides. I would like to point out that in order to purchase a fire extinguisher one needs to research Contact: Merchants. Also a description to a smoke grenade says that it will will put out fires but not burning units.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 01:28:42 pm »
Note that, if you value your units more than the rewards, there is the possibility of aborting the mission, even with the unit on fire, near death, or unconscious and on fire. If you drag everyone to the airbus and leave, the mission ends and the unit will be safe.