aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] In flight transfer swap; Return to Base / Max in-flight hours  (Read 563 times)

Offline HelmetHair

• Colonel
  • He who laughs last thinks fastest.
    • View Profile
Hello,

Could we get implementation of a mechanic where if two craft were in flight we could swap their assigned bases?

So, if Craft Alpha leaves from Base 1 and If Craft Beta leaves from Base 2 they can swap assigned bases.

Reason being for moving teams of dudes and gear in a leap frog fashion without using a dummy third empty hanger.

Could we get an implementation for a max flight time of a craft per deployment?

So, like in the Xcom files, a public car or Van could have a maximum amount of time before being forced to return to base starting when they launch.

Reason being is I left a squad of dudes in a Van for almost a month and I thought it was hilarious to think about how awful that Van stank...

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: In flight transfer swap; ReturntoBase/ Maxinflight hours
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 09:33:40 am »
- crafts occupy a hangar even in flight
- I don't see an easy way UI-wise how to select the two craft which should swap places (I didn't think too much about it, but nothing pops up immediately)
- once hangar types are implemented, this would become even more pain in the ass

- cars are already heavily abstracted
- they fly over oceans (public transport), have unlimited range (car rental, gas stations)
- I don't see why the agents couldn't live in a motel too
- and more importantly, I don't see any benefit in implementing this feature... if it bothers someone, give the car a limited range, they'll run out of fuel and will have to return home

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 01:47:51 pm »
Hello,

Could we get implementation of a mechanic where if two craft were in flight we could swap their assigned bases?

So, if Craft Alpha leaves from Base 1 and If Craft Beta leaves from Base 2 they can swap assigned bases.

Reason being for moving teams of dudes and gear in a leap frog fashion without using a dummy third empty hanger.

Use the "canTransferCraftsWhileAirborne" option. You can “true” in options.cfg or in the options menu “Transportation under your own power”, I don’t know what to call it in English.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 01:55:50 pm »
Use the "canTransferCraftsWhileAirborne" option. You can “true” in options.cfg or in the options menu “Transportation under your own power”, I don’t know what to call it in English.

Doesn't work.

He said "without using a dummy third empty hanger".

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 02:00:51 pm »
Doesn't work.

He said "without using a dummy third empty hanger".

Well, then there is only one way out, enter the size of the space occupied in the hangar for ships, and ships with a size of zero will move freely. Is not it so?

Although in reality, don’t have to bother and make the elevator a hangar if you really want to.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 02:09:49 pm by Ethereal »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 01:06:12 pm »
Although in reality, don’t have to bother and make the elevator a hangar if you really want to.

That's not a hangar, that's Commander's emergency escape silo, Fantomas style. :)