Author Topic: What can I do with a "Position Marker"?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline MoonKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
What can I do with a "Position Marker"?
« on: August 29, 2023, 09:42:54 pm »
I do have one but don't understand the value of a "Position Marker". What can I do with it on the field? What is my tactical advantage?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: What can I do with a "Position Marker"?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 10:18:52 pm »
Disposable recon. Cover approaches you can't spare an agent for with those while making your sweep, leave them at the front to be shot at and spot enemies, especially at night.

Well, that's what I'd think they're for. The weight, deployment cost and the general issue that if you have so few men in your skirmish line that you need markers to plug the gaps, you don't have the time or men to spare for playing with the things - which has meant that I've never really found a niche for them myself, except perhaps as a luxury to play around with when I'm already winning.

The blurb also says they have anticamo, like drones, but that's was a filthy lie. :P They have a moderate amount of camo, which really doesn't do them a lot of good.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 10:39:08 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 10:36:23 pm »
Thanks for mentioning that anti-camo problem, now fixed.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 11:17:49 am »
The Marker was made originally as a counter to Ninja Assassins  :)  and as a general "canary in the mine" thing, quite literally in underground map passages. Some tips:

- You can deploy them fairly quickly tossing them to forward units. Have the strong guy toss them to the scouts who in turn plant them at choke points.
- When possibly deploy one or two near the loot pile of your car or van.
- In caves, have one or two as standard backpack issue, next to a pick axe.
- Not always needed, but very useful when there is chasing for the last few enemy units and the bug-hunt hasn't triggered yet.

Offline MoonKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 12:07:07 pm »
- In caves, have one or two as standard backpack issue, next to a pick axe.
A "pick axe"? Never realized that this could be something useful. I can dig holes with it? Really!?

What else is there that I may overseen to be usefull?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 01:34:23 pm »
Well, more like holes in walls than holes in the ground, even if technically you can do the latter, too.

Some other missable and 'obvious' things: you can turn flashlights on and off, deploy fire extinguishers as ersatz smoke dispensers, use machine guns to cover an area with bullets, heal dying enemies to take them back to be further tortured by the red-haired menace, and have rats sit on the barrel of some baddie's gun and throw off their aim. :D
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 01:36:38 pm by Juku121 »