Author Topic: [Suggestion] shootingDodge  (Read 675 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] shootingDodge
« on: August 10, 2023, 06:59:35 pm »
I propose to make a parameter for the armor "shootingDodge", which would reduce the chance to hit a given target by the number specified in the parameter. Negative number - increases the chance to hit the target.
Use - Sectoids and Aquatoids are small, which means they are harder to hit. Reapers and tanks are big and easier to hit.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: shootingDodge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 10:10:36 pm »
I do not think this is good property, how it would handle stray bullets?
Xcom use basic simulation of trajectories. This mean bullet need to physically hit target.
Consequence of this is if unit have 10000 shootingDodge then I will still able to hit it by shooting behind it.
Same in opposite direction how I could hit mouse with -10000 shootingDodge when I could not even hit barn?

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 11:55:33 pm »
I did not plan to use this parameter in prohibitive numerical values. I planned + - 20-50. Cheating fans will find a way to cheat the game without this option. And if you use it within reasonable limits, then I don’t see any imbalance.

As for shooting at neighboring cells, burst shots through walls look no better. "Forced shot" too. In addition, it is not always possible to hit the enemy with a splash or hit by shooting at neighboring cells, especially if the target is flying.

In general - such an opportunity to make the player tense up a little and learn how to use the keys.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 05:02:25 am »
If you want extra chance to miss, you can use different "loftempsSet". Take smaller one, and some shots will go through.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 07:41:10 am »
No, this is not what I need. Already misses on 100+% aim are very annoying, and "loftempsSet" will only aggravate the situation. I need exactly the % aiming modifier for certain units.