aliens

Author Topic: Inventory access bug in Apoc-style equip mode (7.9.10)  (Read 682 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Inventory access bug in Apoc-style equip mode (7.9.10)
« on: August 04, 2023, 05:45:38 pm »
This might or might not be related to fixes to Glamour bug.

What happens:
When equipping soldiers from craft, sometimes some items that ARE present on the base, are NOT visible. It appears to plague such things as grenades, medical supplies, flares. It appears random. Here is a save (from Xcom files), where you can check for yourself (compare items available from craft soldier equipment menu to items available if you use 'inventory' function in the main 'Soldiers' menu; as far as I understand the Apoc style equipping, and how it worked up to now, was that availability was the same). The missing item becomes available if you put it on craft, but then the availability is limited to the amount you put on craft, like in the classic equip method. It appears like the game was using the old and new method randomly for random items.

Please let me know if bug description is confusing, it's hard to spell out clearly, at least for me.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Inventory access bug in Apoc-style equip mode (7.9.10)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 06:21:24 pm »
This thing occurs if the amount of craft items on the base exceeds the number of maximum items on a craft (the items at the end get dropped off). It seems to be an implementation "feature", see the following posts at: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10998.msg154999.html#msg154999

I didn't verify what max-items you have on the craft, but I suspect this is the same (non-)issue.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 06:26:36 pm by psavola »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 06:33:38 pm »
Please let me know if bug description is confusing, it's hard to spell out clearly, at least for me.

It's clear.

That's how karadoc's solution works: see first bullet point in this post: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,10998.msg151942.html#msg151942

Should I change it to ignore craft limits?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 07:53:28 pm »
No, this seems like mod side bug, then. Xcom Apocalypse had no item count limits IIRC. Thanks for answer.