Author Topic: Jagged Alliance 2 Rips  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Jagged Alliance 2 Rips
« on: May 30, 2023, 10:20:06 am »
So I've gone ahead and wrote up a python script to automate converting STI files by automagically controlling STIView.  And I've used Dragon unPACKer to basically get every tile, every creature, every vehicle and monster and- just everything unpacked and ready for conversion.  But the issue is, I haven't taken animations into account when I did my script, so currently seeing as manually saving potentially tens of thousands of images is unspeakably absurd- sprite sheets are a bit of a pain at the moment.  So I'm going to be updating this list as I go with preparing the resources.  Here is the current rips and conversions I've gotten that are acceptably usable and complete.  And of course if anyone has any specific requested assets from the games, certain vehicles tilesets, etc, just let me know and I'll prioritize them.  Technically, it would be kinda easy for me to fix my script and get things all- going faster,  but at the same time.  It's midnight here right now and I really just want to get some sleep.  So I'm just tossing what I got sorted and ready so far.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pjlri4ntozq471/BIGITEMS.rar?dl=1 (Items, 1254 currently)

+Waaaaaaaaaaay more than that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7jec2vbj1fkfdy/Vehicles_1.rar?dl=1

Only did two vehicles so far, the rest that are in the game are:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 10:21:37 am by Teirdalin »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
Re: Jagged Alliance 2 Rips
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 10:37:54 am »
THANK YOU, OUR HERO![/size]

(after some reseach on the forum) care to do that also, with mods studff? If so, see here!

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 12:50:01 pm »
Oh sure, I'll fix my script to extract entire animations at once so I can grab tilesets and look into that mod. Going to finish getting all of ja2 converted first though.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 02:17:44 pm »
Oh sure, I'll fix my script to extract entire animations at once so I can grab tilesets and look into that mod. Going to finish getting all of ja2 converted first though.

Goood! if you care there are a pletora of mod to see at thepit.ja-galaxy-forum.com for extraction!! ;)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 06:48:18 pm »
Will check it out, thanks.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 12:29:22 pm »
I'm sure several people will find these useful, thank you for making them available.