Author Topic: [DONE][Suggestion] MMB to open Pedia on "What can I wear?" UI  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I don't remember reading this, please my apologies if it has been suggested before.

Sometimes, in large mods, there are special missions that restrict the armors soldiers can bring to the mission. When those armors are know, they appear in a list that can be scrolled.
My request is if it's possible, for QoL, to allow the mouse middle button to open the Pedia article of the armor in question, from this mission screen.

Case in point. XPZ has lots of missions with allowed or forbidden armors ("what to wear?"), all in multiple versions for the different types of soldiers of the mod (example attached). I'd say a Pedia article describing the armor would be useful for the player.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
i'd second that, should not be that hard to implement?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
It's not about easy or hard.
It's about is it needed or not; is it justified or not; is it worth it or not.

I'd say a Pedia article describing the armor would be useful for the player.

I sound like an old repeating vinyl record.... but WHY would it be useful for the player?
It may be trivial for you, but it is not trivial for me... I cannot read your mind, unfortunately.
I need to hear a use case, at least one.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
I need to hear a use case, at least one.
I can only speak for myself on this. My case is as follows: I'm playing XPZ at the moment. Fantastic mod, we know that. Some missions have specific armor allowed. In the example provided there are two screens worth of allowed armors, as multiple options for each type of soldier. Having to remember the list and what they do is hard. I often screen capture the list, and then go to the Pedia to check what they do, going back and forth, eventually settling with a few that will do.

tl;dr:  too many armors to remember and hard to pick which ones are more convenient for the mission.

It's a QoL (for me). If the idea is not accepted it's Ok too, no worries.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
ok, todolisted

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [DONE][Suggestion] MMB to open Pedia on "What can I wear?" UI
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 07:03:05 pm »
Thank you!